Independent Board Member
‘Building homes and communities where people can thrive’
Gloucester City Homes (GCH) is looking to recruit two Independent Board Members to join our Board. The regulator has recently assessed GCH as having the highest governance rating and we are looking to build on this success.
Remuneration for this key role is £3,000 per annum plus expenses.
GCH is a non-profit making, charitable organisation with over 4,500 homes. Looking at the last 12 months, we have built 33 new homes as a new registered provider; we have invested almost £10 million to improve our existing tenants’ homes to ensure all meet the decent homes standard. We continue to support financial inclusion and to help our communities, through a number of projects to improve the quality of life and increase life chances.
We are a successful organisation and highly accredited with IIP Gold, Sunday Times Top 100 and Customer Service Excellence as examples. With a remit to build homes and communities where people can thrive, we are looking to create greater capacity and resources to improve communities and services across Gloucester.
Candidates should have an expert level of knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Risk identification and management
- Performance measurement and management, including value for money
- Treasury Management
- ICT strategy and systems
- Working in a regulated sector, social housing regulation
- Strategic Asset Management
- Property Development
Expertise in one or more of the following areas would also be desirable:
- Business expansion / new business development
- General business / commercial management
- Governance / non-executive leadership / committee membership / chairing
- Financial strategy and financial management including income maximisation
- Audit, business assurance and the work of audit committees
To apply, please click the 'Apply' button on this page.
If you would like any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 17th February 2017.
More jobs like this
- Fixed Term Contract Board Member - Salary + Expenses Board member Community and Customer Services jobs in Gloucester
- Fixed Term Contract Board Member - Salary + Expenses Board member Homelessness jobs in Gloucester
- Fixed Term Contract Board Member - Salary + Expenses Board member Corporate Services jobs in Gloucester
- Fixed Term Contract Board Member - Salary + Expenses Board member Finance jobs in Gloucester
- Fixed Term Contract Board Member - Salary + Expenses Board member Homes and Asset Management jobs in Gloucester