Head of Procurement
One Housing have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to lead our procurement team.
We are looking to implement a best in sector procurement function and the Head of Procurement will be required to create, implement and manage a procurement strategy, leading a team of specialist procurement managers to ensure compliance, maximise savings and embed best practice procurement across the entire One Housing group.
One Housing work with external suppliers and contractors each year on supplies, services and works that support the business to operate and deliver against its Corporate Plan. We have recognised the potential value from managing this spend more strategically and have recently introduced a brand new Procurement department. The Procurement department will play a key role in ensuring we continue to innovate to ensure we stay commercially focused yet retain our social heart.
One Housing is embarking on a number of significant change programmes including the implementation of a new IT Strategy, so this is an ideal point in time for an ambitious, commercially focused and performance driven Head of Procurement to join the team.
Ideally, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the Housing Sector and will have managed high performing procurement teams in both this sector and the Private Sector.
- You will have an impressive track record of delivering robust savings targets, including developing innovative methods of releasing value from existing supply chains.
- The successful candidate will be required to possess not only a high standard of academic qualifications, but full membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) coupled with a real drive to engage with their peers and other sectors through networking and collaborative working.
- You will have significant experience of managing procurements and contracts at all levels and a wide range of categories.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of current UK and EU legislation is a must, including a broad understanding of a range of standard form contracts and a demonstrable experience of supplier and contract management.
- The successful candidate will be an exemplary leader encompassing substantial stakeholder and relationship management skills, with a proven ability to influence at all levels of the business, including key external stakeholder such as central and local government.
One Housing provides high quality homes and care. We manage over 15,000 homes across 27 London boroughs and surrounding counties and care for over 11,500 people to help them live independently.
We're a not-for-profit that loves to make a profit. We build and sell new homes on the open market or rent them out commercially to raise money for more affordable homes and for services for our customers. Since 2011 we have delivered more than 1,500 new affordable homes and we plan to build 3,600 more by 2019 to help meet the housing shortage. We offer a wide range of housing options including homes for social rent in partnership with local councils as well as homes for affordable rent, shared ownership, private rent and private sale.
We're also London’s largest provider of support, housing and services to people with complex needs.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Procurement Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive & Senior Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Senior management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)