Excellent benefits incl. 25 days annual leave, pension and SimplyHealth cover
About the role
As an Electrician, you main responsibility will be to deliver responsive and effective electrical service for general repairs and maintenance for our tenants’ properties as well as in empty (void) properties across South London.
Day to day, you will carry out the full range of electrical duties as required, including test and inspection, reactive maintenance, rewiring and installations for both maintenance and in respect of voids. You will complete all necessary administrative work, including keeping accurate and timely records (for Schedule of Rates) of all work from receiving jobs to completion. You will utilise extra skills to ensure a high level of repairs are completed on first visit, and will also liaise and work with other trades, providing technical advice and input as required to ensure all work is carried out in a proper and thorough manner, taking into consideration Health and Safety requirements.
You will be provided with a Wandle van to use for your work, and so must hold a full valid UK Driving Licence.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Electrician, with a NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation (or City and Guilds equivalent), you will also:
- Be fully competent in carrying out all electrical duties, as well as have additional skills to ensure repairs jobs can be completed on first visit
- Have good level of numeracy and literacy
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Be self motivated, assertive and confident
For more information, please see the recruitment pack on our website.
What we can offer you
In return for your dedication and commitment, we offer a competitive salary £33,000) and reward package with a wide range of benefits that can be tailored to suit you, including pension, healthcare, season ticket loans and retail discounts.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply
To apply, please click the 'Apply' button on this page through to our website to submit your CV and supporting statement.
The closing date is Friday 31 March 2017 at 10.00am. (Early application is encouraged, and the role may be closed early if there are a high number of applications.) We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date and invited to attend an interview/assessment.
Please note that a DBS check will be required for this role.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)
- Maintenance / Repair Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)
- Health and safety Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)