Project Manager - Residential Development
Benefits Excellent benefits incl. 25 days annual leave and pension
Wandle is an organisation that is changing fast to meet the demands of an ever changing housing sector. This is a great opportunity for someone to join us on that journey.
We are a provider of homes for rent (social and affordable), shared ownership, outright sale, and supported housing. We also have a small portfolio of commercial properties and garages.
About the role
Are you an accomplished Project Manager with a proven track record in residential development? Would you like to play your part in an organisation with a great people, sound social values and a commitment to delivering the very best for the customer they serve? Then we have a great challenge for you.
Day to day, you will be working within the New Homes team responsible for delivering our on-site programme from start on site through to end of defects. As a confident communicator, you’ll enjoy working with and motivating people, negotiating with developers, consultants and contractors and building relationships with colleagues and partners. You’ll be accountable for a range of exciting projects ranging from 13 to 90 units across South London.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Project Manager, familiar with the development process from a Housing Association perspective, ideally with a background of managing projects across a range of uses and tenures. In addition the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering complex residential development contracts from £1m to £20m in contract value
- Knowledge of the residential design process and technical experience necessary to ensure quality standards on schemes are maintained.
- Experience of delivering affordable housing in accordance with the GLA's capital funding guide
- Working knowledge of a relevant project management tool like SDS Sequel
- Experience of managing third party consultants in the negotiation of build contracts and appointment of contractors
For more information, please see the recruitment pack on our website.
What we can offer you
In return for your dedication and commitment, we offer a competitive salary and reward package with a wide range of benefits that can be tailored to suit you, including 25 days annual leave, pension, season ticket loans, retail discounts and weekly fruit deliveries. Our offices are also in an excellent, accessible location close to London Bridge and Borough Market overlooking the Thames.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply
To apply, please click through to our website via the 'Apply' to complete our online application form to submit a CV and supporting statement demonstrating your fit for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
Please note you will be shortlisted based on the information in your supporting statement, a CV alone will not support your application.
The closing date for this role is 10am on Thursday 23rd February 2017.
Early application is encouraged, and the role may be closed early if there are a high number of applications.
More jobs like this
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Officer Homes and Asset Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Officer Project management jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Officer Residential Development & Construction jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Officer Development / regeneration jobs in London (Greater)