Executive Director of Development & Sales
Are you a catalyst for change and continuous improvement with a commercial mind?
Details about the Client
bpha is an ambitious and forward looking Housing Association that operates from Bedford across a territory that spans between Oxford and Cambridge. The organisation owns 18,000+ properties of a mixture of tenures, has a turnover of c.£120m and assets in excess of £1Bn. It employs 360 people, has an HCA governance rating of G1 V1 and an A+ credit rating. It has grown organically since its inception as an LSVT with c.7,000 properties back in 1990.
Over many years it has built a strong reputation for the scale, quality and consistency of its development activities and is currently delivering 500+ new homes a year with a strong, well-funded future pipeline.
In order to meet its own ambitious goals in a dynamic housing market, the organisation has re-structured itself to deliver its services through a Business Unit operational model. An integral part of this plan is the appointment of an Executive Director to lead the Development and Sales Business Units and to contribute to the overall direction and continued success of bpha.
Detailed Job Description
Executive Director of Development & Sales. Building and Construction. Bedford and Home Counties
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering home building projects across a range of property tenures including market sales, shared ownership and affordable rented housing. Additional accountability's include the development of the sales function which sells c.200 shared ownership properties a year for bpha and undertakes asset sales/agency work for other organisations. Bpha is also the Help to Buy Agent for the East/South East of England, this is a significant operation that the successful candidate will be responsible for.
As member of the Executive Team, the post holder will also have a full role to play in the strategic leadership of the organisation as it continues to invest in its own systems, processes and infrastructure to ensure that it is 'Fit for the Future'.
To meet this unique challenge, bpha is looking for an experienced leader with the drive, ambition and commitment to strengthen the organisation's overall capability and increase it's potential for continued achievement in the future. Whilst the role holder could come from a range of backgrounds, they must have a demonstrable track record of achievement in roles appropriate to the Development and Sales aims of the organisation.
Executive Director of Development & Sales is an Executive Team and main Board appointment.
There are three distinct parts to this role:
- Sustaining and developing the delivery of affordable rented homes in conjunction with the HCA and other stakeholders and partners
- Developing an open market sales programme to build a significant property sales programme, generating profit to reinvest in new homes
- Working with the CEO, the Executive Team and the Board, influence and shape the strategic direction of Development and Sales activity within the context of the organisation's overall aims and objectives
Further responsibilities of the role include but not be limited to:
- Building and sustaining effective and strong external relationships with key partner agencies and stakeholders
- Developing new home building programmes that respond to the evolving Government agenda
- Driving profit generated through sales, operational margins and efficiencies to meet annual targets and maximise returns to the organisation
- Leading the Help to Buy Agency
- Ensuring that all Development and Sales activities conform to bpha's risk appetite and ensure that Value for Money is at the heart of all decisions
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will combine a commercial approach with a proven track record of delivering exceptional results. A natural leader and catalyst of change and improvement, you will be able to positively motivate and engage with colleagues at all levels to achieve tangible outcomes. You will also demonstrate pride, passion and energy in the role demonstrating resilience when necessary whilst being open to new ideas and confident in your own.
Applications for Executive Director of Development & Sales are encouraged from candidates who possess the following skills and experience;
- A track record of identifying commercial opportunities in residential development, improving sales and maximising profit;
- Strong financial acumen, able to effectively manage large budgets and possess knowledge of legal and regulatory frameworks;
- Experience of developing strategy in both delivery and sales sides of residential development and awareness of Asset Management;
- Excellent inter personal skills coupled with intellect and gravitas to influence all Stakeholders.
A RICS/CIOB or equivalent professional qualification is desired but not essential.
What's on offer
Excellent Salary & Benefits commensurate with this main board level appointment.
We also provide a great place to work in an open, progressive and supportive culture as evidenced by our "one to watch" accreditation in the best not for profit companies to work for survey.
We invest in all of our people with the following initiatives;
- The bpha Academy - our fresh approach to people development, which provides a great variety of personal and professional learning opportunities.
- Modern open plan offices - purposefully designed to encourage conversations and collaborative working.
- An extensive employee wellbeing programme - designed to build a committed, healthy workforce.
- A range of volunteering opportunities to give back to the communities we serve
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
For full details including how to apply, please click the 'Apply' button on this page.
Ref Code: MPIH13820902Z
Closing Date: 05/06/2017
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Bedford
- Sales / Lettings Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Bedford
- Residential Development & Construction Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Bedford
- Development / regeneration Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Bedford
- Executive & Senior Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Bedford