To ensure the effective delivery of the Property Investment Program of Planned; Cyclical works projects so they are delivered on time, budget and quality to meet KPIs and to ensure value for money.
- Carry out surveys to diagnose repairs, identify defects and remedies on issues including general disrepair and non-decency, causes of dampness and condensation, required improvements and other work required on council properties and estates, specifying remedies and work to be carried out, estimating costs, preparing tender documents and commissioning work.
- Manage capital and revenue projects and contractors carrying out works to Association properties, environmental improvements, planned and cyclical maintenance, and other necessary work, assessing and agreeing variations and final costs to ensure good practice contract administration procedures are adhered to Chair contract meetings, site meetings and monitor works during the course of the contract and at completion to ensure high quality of works that adhere to building regulations and health & safety Responsible for carrying out pre and post inspections, work in progress and handover inspections, accepting at handover only properties that meet the specification and quality standards.
- Ensure robust snagging processes are carried out. Overseeing all work, monitoring progress, ensuring that work is completed on time, to specification, to budget and that all necessary planning, building control and other statutory permissions are identified and appropriately and timely obtained Negotiate with contractors over defects, identifying and agreeing remedies.
- Ensure that comprehensive records are kept of all specifications, tender documents, estimates, variations, handover documents and all other documents in relations to work carried out and contract files are maintained Provide comprehensive written reports following, investigations, complaints, diagnosis, producing detailed specifications.
- Reply to tenants and leaseholder letters and complaints, ensuring all issues raised are dealt with effectively. Attend tenants and leaseholders consultation meetings to present information on work being commissioned or carried out, answering any queries arising. Some of these may be outside normal hours Carry out surveys to identify compliance with the Bracknell Forest Homes property standard, including inspections and use of mobile device to up-date the asset management data base. This will involve identifying whether a property meets the standard and identifying what work is required in order to meet these standards to feed into the planning and programming of works.
- Carry out feasibility studies, identifying remedies, preparing reports and spreadsheets showing how costs are apportioned and producing specifications of works.
- Carry out Energy Performance Assessments and develop schedules of work to improve the energy efficiency of the housing stock targeting low SAP rating properties Ensure that all works commissioned meet the requirements of the Association’s standing orders, financial regulations and procurement regulations.
- Ensure that a quality, performance focussed service is provided to tenants and leaseholders and that complaints and queries are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Ensure effective consultation with all stakeholders including tenants, leaseholders with regard to the Statutory requirement of S20, staff representing the client group and community representatives.
- Ensure that all work is carried out within time, quality and budget Ensure that all health and safety requirements are met, including asbestos, and monitoring compliance by contractors to ensure good practice.
You will have experience of project management and be able to deliver projects to successful completion. You will also have knowledge and experience of different forms of contracts (JCT, NEC, PPC, MTC) and contract administration including budget management. Required the understanding of procurement and knowledge of technical issues concerning construction and maintenance of housing.
You would be expected to have knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to property services, including health and safety. Good verbal, written and numeric skills as well as IT Literacy and ability to use specific IT packages, repair and asset management databases.
We are an ambitious housing association established in 2008. We own and manage around 6,000 rented homes, including 400 sheltered housing flats, as well as 1,100 leasehold and shared ownership properties. We are now ready to invest further in our housing stock with the delivery of a 5-year planned & cyclical works investment programme. We are also investing £2 million in the community over five years and have extensive training and commitment to our people.
Our benefits include:
o 28 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
o Scottish Widows contributory pension scheme (BFH x 2 up to 12%)
o Competitive salary o Health Shield cash plan benefit scheme
o Childcare vouchers worth up to £243 per month, free of tax and NI
o Corporate events
o Professional fees and subscriptions
o Volunteering days
o Free office parking
o Positive working environment that encourages learning and development.
For more information on the role, the company and how to apply, please click the apply button to be redirected.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire
- Asset management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire
- Procurement Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire
- Project management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire