Tenancy Support Manager
You will lead a newly restructured support team that focuses on delivering advice and support services to vulnerable and older residents. Support will vary from crisis support to help sustain tenancies, to welfare visits and advice surgeries for our older residents. The role will require you to be a problem solver and look for ways to improve the service while motivating and developing the skills and potential within your team. Attention to detail for monitoring and reviewing performance is essential.
We are looking for an experienced leader who works well under pressure, has leading edge housing and support service management experience and is passionate about developing, motivating and leading their team to deliver excellent customer service.
You must have a genuine passion to work with older people and people in crisis. You must have the flexibility to support the service front line when needed, but also contribute at a strategic level. Compassion, integrity, excellent communication skills and a sense of humour are key qualities required for this role
Working from our Sevenoaks and Swanley offices, you must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle for business use. This post is also subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring service check.
Purpose of job
Supporting tenants to successfully maintain their tenancies and thrive.
- Lead and develop a high quality tenancy support service that has a positive impact across our housing service.
- Continuously improve the service, through monitoring and reporting against performance measures. Provide regular performance reports to Executive Team.
- Manage, motivate and develop your team to deliver consistently outstanding performance.
- Develop our established services and expand our business through collaborative working with partners, stakeholders and commissioners.
- Lead on managing the partnering contract for disabled facilities grants.
- Deliver value for money in the management of the telecare lifeline contract ensuring our residents embrace technology to support their independence and become self reliant.
- Deliver on the contractual requirements of the support and management contracts relating to tenancy sustainment.
- Deliver West Kent’s vision for our tenants by supporting the strategy to transform accommodation for older people.
- Establish effective internal and external partnership relationships to further our services.
- Lead West Kent’s commitment to dementia services by working proactively and leading initiatives with partners, customers and stakeholders.
- Support positive outcomes in the management of empty homes, arrears and community safety through collaboration with colleagues.
- Lead and develop your team to achieve positive outcomes for a range of customers including, but not exclusively, people who are learning or physically disabled, suffering drug and alcohol dependency, experiencing domestic violence, frail elderly, mental health and ex offenders.
- Ensure your team follow safe working practices to keep themselves and others safe.
- Continuously improve the service by self monitoring and keeping records up to date on our customer relationship management system, our housing management system Open Housing, and in house databases.
- Model living West Kent values for colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
- Undertake other duties relevant to the job.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge of current issues, legislation and best practice in relation to mental health, disability services, welfare advice, dementia and services for older people and those who are vulnerable.
- Experience of delivering a positive customer focussed service.
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and proven communication, interpersonal and written skills adaptable to all audiences, including the ability to write reports for senior management.
- Proficiency in using and developing mainframe and other IT software to a good level.
- Experience of managing teams in a pressured environment to achieve excellent outcomes and making a positive difference.
- Track record of creating, setting up, delivering new initiatives to support vulnerable tenants.
- Ability to analyse and report on complex data to support performance management and policy decision making.
- Negotiation skills to support effective contract management and dispute resolution.
- Ability to lead projects and support culture change programmes, motivating staff during periods of evolutionary change.
- Understanding of housing management.
- Self motivation to work independently and with the ability to self manage own learning.
- Experience of establishing effective relationships with stakeholders to further services.
- Experience of applying equality and diversity principles in all situations and tailoring services according to need
Additional Job Details
Budget responsibility: Contract management of lifeline service.
Other: You will be required to cover on the out of hours rota.
For an informal discussion please contact Rajinder Manger on 01732 749430.
For more information including how to apply, please click the apply button to be redirected.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Sevenoaks
- Care and support Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Sevenoaks
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Sevenoaks
- Tenant services Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Sevenoaks