Scheme Manager (Older People) Bishops Court
2 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join our retirement leasehold flats scheme, overseeing the general running of the scheme and ensuring the common areas of the estate are maintained to a high standard.
On a day-to-day basis, your role will be varied and busy; you will ensure daily contact with each resident, keep records up-to-date, and establish and assist in obtaining the care and support needs of each resident.
Your role will also involve:-
- Interviewing prospective residents, encouraging residents to participate in community activities
- Overseeing the smooth running of the communal facilities.
- Dealing with petty cash in accordance with the Associations procedures.
- Providing reports to the Housing Officer (HO) on residents welfare, activities and any problems arising in the running of the scheme
- Report to the HO any causes of damage or breach of lease.
- Report repairs to the Associations maintenance department and carry out post inspection of repairs.
- Supervise contractors and liaise with residents to arrange access to premises.
- Making recommendations for the annual estate service budget.
- To actively participate in estate staff meetings
With demonstrable experience in a similar role, and of working with retired people or a related client group, you will be a good communicator with a customer-focused approach and have strong numeracy and literacy skills. You must be able to take up residency in accommodation that will be provided for you within the estate. The accommodation comprises of a 2 bed self-contained flat.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Accommodation provided
How to apply
To apply for the position of Scheme Manager (Older People) please click the link `apply` below and complete an online application form.
Please click below for a copy of the job description of a Scheme Manager (Older People)
Closing date:Wednesday 25th October 2017
Interviews date: Monday 6th November 2017
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.