Canals And Waterways Coordinator
Peabody owns over 7km of canals and waterways that sits within 150 hectares of open spaces, we have an exciting opportunity for a Canals coordinator to work within our Environmental Services team to help us provide manage services throughout our waterways.
You will lead a newly created small team carrying out maintenance programmes which will involve a hands on approach you will also help us and our partners Thames21 to facilitate, organise and supervise a programme of community engagement and environmental enhancement and have the appropriate experience to be the lead for all matters relating to our water and ecology, associated infrastructure.
This is an exciting time for Thamesmead and the Environmental Services team, we have just moved to refurbished propose built accommodation and we are a core provider contributing to improving the standards of maintenance of the area.
- GCSEs Maths/English Grade C or above or equivalent proven education level
- Current Full UK driving Licence
- Proven experience of working in a waterways and green sector environment
- Proven ability to work in all weathers in an outdoor environment
- Demonstrate experience of facilitating, organising & supervising volunteer groups and a site based team.
- Ability to undertake physically demanding work
- Demonstrate experience of practical delivery of projects
- Good verbal communication and confident IT skills.
- Experience of preparing and reporting outputs
- Negotiating and implementing successful partnership activities
- Specialist technical knowledge of waterways practices
- Experience of using a wide range of equipment and tools
- Familiarity with the Thamesmead Area
- A good knowledge of water and local environmental quality issues
- Knowledge & experience of working with local authorises and key stakeholders
- Demonstrable knowledge, understanding and experience of environmental enhancement projects including design implementation and community involvement.
- Use of plant including vans, tractors and cutting equipment