Thamesmead Regeneration Officer
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 55,000 homes, 110,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you’ll have every chance to achieve – while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards – not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector’s largest community regeneration programmes, we’re always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
Thamesmead is a unique town, with a unique history. With a community of over 45,000 people, beautiful green spaces, unrivalled space and scale, Thamesmead has enormous potential. Together with our partners at the London Borough of Bexley, Royal Borough of Greenwich, Greater London Authority and Transport for London, Peabody are driving forward the transformation of the town. The long-term regeneration of Thamesmead is one of the cornerstones of our mission, as we put into practice our aim to create great places at scale.
We have a great opportunity available to help us deliver Peabody’s regeneration programme for Thamesmead. Responsibilities to include management and co-ordination of all project activity, masterplanning and business case development, supporting the procurement of a strategic investment partner, and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Project management experience including budget, programme and risk.
- Experience of procuring and managing services and improvement works.
- Experience of co-ordinating the work of consultants.
- Experience of communicating effectively with local residents and stakeholders
- Negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to residents and colleagues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative and posses self motivation.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with proven ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with good standard of numeracy.
- Effective of building and maintaining strong working relationships, across internal departments, external stakeholders, contractors and resident groups.
All new permanent appointments will be on the new Peabody Terms and Conditions (a copy of Peabody's benefits are available to view on the Intranet).