Youth Programme Manager -Thamesmead
Peabody, in partnership with the Royal Borough of Greenwich and the London Borough of Bexley, is embarking on an extensive regeneration programme for Thamesmead in South East London that will span 30 years, build thousands of new homes and support both existing and new communities of 100,000 residents. The plans are now gaining momentum, with new homes under construction, investment in existing homes and public spaces underway, an ambitious programme of arts, culture and heritage and a comprehensive socio-economic programme to see that local people are at the heart of the process.
This role is an exciting opportunity to shape the Peabody youth offer for Thamesmead. By working closely with our local authority partners, youth providers, educational institutions and young people, this post will maximise opportunities, contribute to co-ordinating local provision and create structured pathways for youth development and involvement in their communities.
As part of the Socio-economic team this role will be critical as a champion for raising the awareness and responding to the needs of young people.
- Experience of working with young people to progress them into a range of development opportunities with a focus on EET
- Experience of supporting young people to develop and then implement leadership and governance skills in both formal and informal settings
- Experience of successfully engaging and supporting hard to reach and vulnerable young people and their families
- Demonstrable evidence of the design, development and delivery of successful youth projects and programmes
- Experience of strategic planning, leading to the design and implementation of delivery frameworks and action plans
- Experience of successfully meeting departmental and/or project targets and KPIs
- Knowledge of child protection, health and safety and other youth work related issues
- Demonstrate an active commitment to equal opportunities, with the ability to work in culturally diverse communities and groups
- Experience of creating, maintaining and developing contracts and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders from all sectors
- Proactive, highly motivated, creative and able to work as part of a team with the ability to manage own time and work load to meet deadlines and complete administrative tasks such as budgeting, action planning, file management and report writing, etc
- Effective staff management
- Experience of the development of business and vocational programmes and workshops for young people
- Experience of working with young people within a large-scale regeneration context
- Proven experience in working within the youth work field including outreach or detached youth work, preferably with a JNC qualification or equivalent
This post will require an enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Interview date: Friday 15th December 2017.