Personal Assistant (Care) - The Elms
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 5,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £70 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will provide support to service users with their day to day needs, within the service or out in the community. This may involve personal care and also helping to promote life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and housework. You will follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured introduction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
Experience is desirable but not essential.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Personal Assistant please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Personal Assistant job description.
Closing date: Thursday 21st December 2017
Interview date: To be confirmed
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More jobs like this
- Permanent £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Community and Customer Services jobs in Aylesbury
- Permanent £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Care and support jobs in Aylesbury
- Permanent £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Housing / neighbourhood management jobs in Aylesbury
- Permanent £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Social Care jobs in Aylesbury
- Permanent £10,000 - £19,999 Assistant / coordinator Supported / sheltered housing jobs in Aylesbury