Head of Land and Property
Walton Charity has been working in the heart of the local community for over 800 years. We now provide housing, individual & community grants and allotments.
Our new strategy is based on maximising our assets through working in partnership to develop affordable local housing and community assets. Our aspiration is to enable and facilitate the development of services and assets that respond to the needs of local people.
We are now seeking to appoint to a new post of Head of Land and Property.
You will manage over 100 sheltered flats, 4 houses, community buildings, land and offices. You will also have the opportunity to work with key partners to facilitate the development of new affordable and supported housing solutions.
It is therefore essential that you have a strong working knowledge of current legislation surrounding residential management, including health and safety compliance. It is desirable that you are accredited by the Association of Residential Managing Agents, Royal Institute of Surveyors or the Chartered Institute of Housing.
You will be a member of the senior staff team and will have the opportunity to be a part of the next phase of development of the Charity. The post offers the opportunity to run a significant operation with the opportunity for further development within an organisation whose focus is more than just housing.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification education in a relevant technical field
- Excellent and demonstrable communication, interpersonal and customer care skills
- Strong professional background in housing management and excellent understanding of the regulatory and compliance context
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation relating to almshouses, HCA (or equivalent body) and social and/ or affordable housing
- Robust and demonstrable experience of managing land and property including management of risks and all H&S requirements
- Working knowledge of planning and development issues and current government plans for affordable housing
- Substantial experience of monitoring quality and compliance in a housing or property management environment
- Robust experience in tenancy and land/ property management
- Substantial experience of staff management
- Ability to set, monitor and evaluate work targets
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritise a demanding workload
- Housing and or planning qualifications
- RICS membership or relevant professional qualification
- Ability to support people through change
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
This post is based in Walton on Thames but involves travel to other sites when necessary and a car owner driver is desirable.
The Charity offers a competitive benefits package with 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, pension, death in service
Walton Charity is an equal opportunities employer
Please apply via the button below using the application form attached.
Deadline for applications 24th January
Initial assessment/ interviews 31st January 2018
Apply for Head of Land and Property
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Community and Customer Services jobs in Surrey
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Supported / sheltered housing jobs in Surrey
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Homes and Asset Management jobs in Surrey
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Asset management jobs in Surrey
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Executive & Senior jobs in Surrey