1 day left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Bedford based with the option of flexible working. Within walking distance of Bedford train station.
bpha is major housing association operating between Oxford and Cambridge, based in Bedford. We are a leading provider and developer homes, in the top 25 housing association developers (2016/17) – for affordable rent, extra care and shared ownership as well as private sale. We own around 18,000 homes, employ 350 people, and have an annual turnover of over £100 million. Over the next five years, we will develop at least 500 affordable new homes per annum plus 100 market sale homes via Bushmead.
This is an exciting role reporting into a Regional Development Director and you will be responsible for ensuring bpha’s development schemes are delivered successfully and also for generating new business opportunities which contribute to bpha’s corporate plan targets and growth aspirations
- Responsible for project managing the procurement of development schemes by land acquisition, instructing consultants and contractors, liaising and other external stakeholders as necessary.
- Generating new business development opportunities for bpha, cultivating relationships with key stakeholders.
- Appraising potential schemes, identifying resources and securing commitments for delivery.
- Undertaking key project management responsibilities including; risk assessment, land purchase, co-ordinating consultants and contractors and obtaining statutory consents.
You will be an experienced affordable housing development professional who can demonstrate excellent knowledge of the development and planning process. We are looking for someone with a good working experience of various financial models for appraising affordable housing such as Proval. Applications are sought from effective communicators, who can work collaboratively with a range of internal and external partners to deliver our targets.
In return we offer:
- Generous annual leave starting at 28 days, rising to 33 days after five years, plus an allowance for public holidays
- Free private medical insurance
- Contributory salary sacrifice pension scheme, up to a maximum of 10% of your salary
- Discretionary annual employee incentive scheme
- Free life assurance cover
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to a confidential employee assistance programme
- Discounted gym membership
Closing date: Midnight 23 January 2018
Interviews: W/C 5 February 2018
Visit https://www.bpha.org.uk/bpha-careers/ to find out more, obtain full role profile and apply on line. Please note that only applicants who complete the online application process on the employer’s website will be considered for the position.