Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Asset Surveyor – Temporary contract for up to 6 months
Sanctuary House, Leeds
£28,744 per annum (including policy allowance) - pro rata
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
The Reinvestment and Compliance team are responsible for Sanctuary’s Asset Performance Team, procuring energy suppliers, monitoring consumption and improving energy efficiency.We also hold responsibility for high quality reinvestment programmes and managing compliance responsibilities including gas servicing and fire risk assessments.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Surveyor to join our busy team on a temporary basis. You will be responsible for delivering quality investment and surveying services that respond to customer, organisational and financial needs, ensuring regulatory compliance.
The role of Asset Surveyor will include
- Undertaking fire risk assessments, stock condition surveys and other property inspections including those relating to disrepair and health and safety assessments
- Managing works related to the above assessments, surveys and inspections within the agreed financial limits, following policy and procedure
- Producing reports and documentation for work specifications and tenders to assist in addressing and resolving issues
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify shortfalls in delivery and ensuring these are dealt with appropriately
- Ensuring regulatory compliance taking into account relevant legislation in all aspects of the role
Skills and experiences
- HNC in building and surveying or similar
- Some experience within a building and surveying environment
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising work loads
- Working knowledge of legislation and current practices
- Due to the nature of this position travel is required; therefore it is essential that candidates hold a full, UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 17 January 2018
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time depending on application volumes, therefore an early submission of application is encouraged.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More jobs like this
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Homes and Asset Management jobs in Leeds
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Asset management jobs in Leeds
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Maintenance / Repair jobs in Leeds
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Surveying jobs in Leeds
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Sustainability jobs in Leeds