Development Manager (East)
Office base – flexible from office or home
Office locations: Reading, Coventry, Milton Keynes
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Manager to join our team.
You will have a unique opportunity to assist the Regional Development Manager in identifying, appraising, securing and developing new and exciting projects for Stonewater, while using your experience to manage and deliver a programme of development schemes in the sub-Region.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- Work closely with the Regional Development Manager to ensure that the development programme is delivered.
- Develop and maintain effective external and internal relationships and partnerships which help to promote and provide opportunities for Stonewater.
- When required assist in identifying, appraising and securing opportunities.
- To ensure data in relation to the Development programme is at all times up to date and accurate.
- Assist the Regional Development Manager for ensuring effective monitoring, reporting and review of the team’s performance indicators.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have/be;
- Experience of working at a senior level in a complex organisation, possessing strong business management skills and understanding of delivering excellent internal/external customer service in a social and commercial setting
- Experience in delivering new affordable homes programmes, supporting and driving change
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage budgets, working effectively in partnership with managers, senior colleagues, employees, stakeholders and boards
- Educated to degree level or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience, with a knowledge of local and National Housing Policies and understanding of Property Law and Construction Law and Practice.
You will be a confident, independent and proactive leader with a commitment to the cause of social housing.
- You will have a natural ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop employees and teams.
- The ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities at any one time with highly developed organisational skills.
- First class communication and customer service skills, with the ability to develop long term business relationships and network in the local community.
- A self-starter who thrives in an autonomous working environment
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: 20 January 2018
Interview dates: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion please contact Cherise Berridge, Regional Development Manager on 07768324036.
For more information on this role, including how to apply, please click the apply button to be redirected.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.