Regional Development Manager x 2
Office base – flexible and from home
Office locations: Reading, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Bristol
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Development Manager to join our team.
You will have a unique opportunity to develop new projects within the East/West region, leading the development team to successfully deliver the development programme, establishing Stonewater as a leading provider of affordable homes within the division.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- Responsibility for identifying, securing and developing new projects within the area, in line with Stonewater’s Development Strategy, Vision and Values.
- Provide leadership to establish Stonewater as a leading provider of affordable homes within the Division/sub-division
- As part of the departmental management team, to provide leadership to the Development Team in the Division/Sub-division and to manage the delivery of the Development programme across that area.
- Management of the team of development staff to ensure successful delivery of Stonewater’s development programme.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have/be;
- Experience of working at a senior level in a complex organisation, possessing strong business management skills and understanding of delivering excellent internal/external customer service in a social and commercial setting
- Experience in delivering new affordable homes programmes.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and driving change, with the ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop employees and teams.
- Able to work effectively in partnership with managers, senior colleagues, employees, stakeholders and boards.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience
- You will be a confident, independent and proactive leader with a commitment to the cause of social housing.
- You will be an effective decision maker, with the natural ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop employees and teams.
- First class communication and customer service skills, with the ability to develop long term business relationships and network in the local community.
- The ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities at any one time with highly developed organisational skills.
- A self-starter who thrives in an autonomous working environment
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: 20 January 2018
Interview dates: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion please contact Chris Montague, Head of Development (East) on 07471900785.
For more information on this role, including how to apply, please click the apply button to be redirected.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.