Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Henry Scott Tuke House, Cornwall
£26,141 per annum (rising to £28,707 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
The team is responsible for delivering housing services across the South West region. Your focus area will be West Cornwall and duties will include dealing with anti-social behaviour, tenancy changes, mutual exchanges, complaints and general estate management. You will also play a key role in the management and allocation of empty properties. We are therefore seeking an experienced Housing Officer who can work with minimal supervision.
The role of Housing Officer will include:
- Delivering a high quality housing management service that meets the needs and expectations of current and future residents and the wider community
- Meeting all legislative and regulatory requirements for housing management activities, ensuring the provision of quality and safe homes and minimising potential risks
- Developing, building and maintaining relationships with tenants and other key stakeholders to ensure the effective management of housing services
- Identifying any shortfalls in service delivery, ensuring these are acted upon
- Managing the recruitment, performance and development of quality staff to ensure staff meet business needs and individual accountabilities
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience of delivery high quality tenancy services
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and good practice
- Proven experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing solutions
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Full driving licence and access to vehicle is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job role profile please click here
Closing Date: 28 January 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Falmouth
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Falmouth
- Care and support Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Falmouth
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Falmouth
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Falmouth