Responsive Repairs Officer
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 18 Months
This role will be based in our head office in Euston with travel required to all our sites across North London and Hertfordshire.
Origin Housing is a provider of affordable housing and care and support services in London and Hertfordshire. We own and manage over 6,000 homes and customers, have a turnover of over £45 million and aim to provide great homes and build strong communities.
Our Property Maintenance team have a vacancy for a Mechanical and Electrical Repairs Officer. Reporting into the Head of Property Maintenance the role is designed to deliver maintenance services to buildings in a way that is customer focused and offers value for money.
The main purpose of the role will be to ensure that all responsive Mechanical and Electrical responsive repairs are completed and delivered to satisfaction. This includes door entry systems, estate gates, lifts and intercom systems – repairs that have a major impact on our residents’ lives.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of responsive repairs contracts
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Repairs and Programmes.
- HNC/HND in building/construction related field (desirable) or relevant experience in the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrable ability of managing programmes and contractors to delivery outcomes.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role in a similar environment.
- Managing the delivery of responsive repairs in residential properties.
- Working knowledge of Schedule of Rates and other methods of measurement.
- Experience and skills managing customer and client/stakeholder relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction.
To apply for this role, please visit click the apply button to be redirected to our website and complete an online application form ensuring that you address all of the key requirements within the role profile, including relevant examples of how you have met them. Try to contain this information to no more than two pages to be considered for an interview.
This role is also subject to a satisfactory DBS check
In return Origin Housing offers a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexi-time, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension, discounted health scheme and childcare voucher scheme.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values the diversity of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 02/02/2018
Interview and assessment date: 16th February 2018