Customer Service Officer
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Customer Service Officer
Customer Service Centre, 160 Francis Street, Hull
£21,611 per annum (rising to £22,734 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
This job is based within the Customer Service Centre (CSC), Hull. The CSC focuses on customer service excellence and delivers a range of services for Housing, Income, Lettings, Homeownership and Commercial & Residential covering over 96,000 properties. The Customer Service Officer will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to our customers ensuring the effective and timely resolution of customer queries and complaints. This is a pivotal role in our organisation and you will ensure that our customers and their expectations are managed in a professional, efficient manner ensuring they have a positive customer service journey.
The role of Customer Service Officer will include:
- Providing excellent customer service concentrating on achieving first contact resolution within the customer service centre
- Communicating with residents, staff and external agencies on housing and maintenance related queries and complaints
- Delivering services to the appropriate KPI and service standards in a fast-paced environment
- Working closely with our housing and maintenance teams to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely and professional manner
- Making recommendations on service improvements to support continued improvements to customer relations
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a customer service role is essential. You must also have a professional telephone manner and the ability to cope with a high volume of calls whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Ideally, you will hold an NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Customer Service (or equivalent) with proven experience of delivering customer service excellence in a contact centre environment dealing with a variety of complex enquiries
- You must have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload as well as working as part of a team towards shared targets and KPIs
- You must be able to handle different types of calls and enquiries as and when they are presented to you, adapting your customer service delivery to the customers needs
- You must have a positive attitude, a can do approach and great communication skills
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits including: a pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits, at least 23 days paid holiday rising to 28 days after 5 years service, life assurance, family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working, health and well-being plans, a variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers, tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
To view the Job Profile please click here
Closing date: 22 January 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Administration Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Communications / PR Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull