Legal Manager - Property
Legal Manager - Property
£35,295 per annum (rising to £38,575 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Legal Manager – Property will join Sanctuary’s Property Law team of 12 and will line manager one member of staff. You will deal with a large variety of Property Transactions and provide sound and up to date legal advice to all parts of the business. This is a great opportunity for a Property Lawyer looking to develop management skills and broaden their current expertise.
The role of Legal Manager – Property will include –
- Dealing with a large range of property transactions including sales, leases, licenses, planning agreements and title reviews.
- Providing legal advice in relation to a wide range of property queries
- Assisting in managing the Group’s external legal providers
- Managing and maintaining excellent relationships and providing an outstanding level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Reviewing and updating current policies and procedures to ensure the Group’s continued legal and regulatory complicity
- Dealing with the recruitment and performance management of staff
Skills and experiences –
- A qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer
- Experience working within Property Law within a law firm, Housing Association or Local Authority
- Working knowledge of property law, housing regulations and current best practice
- Commercially minded with the ability to be pragmatic and work well under pressure
- Excellent rapport builder who can maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- An excellent communicator who can easily disseminate legal information and jargon to a variety of audiences
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 25 January 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.