Location: London Bridge
Salary: £58,380 - £68,680 per annum + £5k car allowance
36 hours per week
About the role
We are growing our Development Division across the UK to become one of the country's top 5 builders in the next 3 years, and are offering a new and exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager looking to make their mark.
As Technical Manager, you will be accountable for assessing and providing technical support and designs for all geo-environmental, structural, civil, architectural, utility and other salient technical issues associated with the schemes which Clarion bid for and develop in various procurement forms from land identification stage through until completion and aftercare.
Initially reporting to the Director of Commercial and Technical until the full team and structure is in place, the main purpose of the role is to carry out technical due diligence. Working alongside the Land team during the offer, contracting and planning stage, you will ensure that all technical aspects of developments are fully understood, communicated and managed including the thorough assessment of all risks and opportunities. You will work to ensure that technical assessments and designs are achieved on time, to an agreed fee budget and which deliver the required Clarion financial returns.
What you'll be doing
* Advise the Land and Planning team on the technical viability of potential new sites.
* Work on projects providing full technical support and management duties as required throughout the whole project life.
* Enable the production of technical reports for land appraisals, and oversee the preparation of Section designs such as S38, 278 and S104 for adoption including utility design, details and specifications with minimum supervision
* Provide technical support/management and information on projects for Land, Sales and Marketing and Delivery teams and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
* Work collaboratively with other technical disciplines in Design and Commercial as well as overseeing fee negotiation and the appointment of consultants.
* Obtain interrogate and check information from external consultants, suppliers and manufacturers. Dependent upon the procurement route this could also include contractor's information.
You will have the following:
* A complete understanding of geo-environmental, structural, architectural, town planning and utility aspects of residential development.
* Be CAD proficient.
* A strong track record of managing the technical aspects of a wide range of short term and strategic residential schemes and maximising returns. This is within the context of low rise traditional housing, tall framed mixed used schemes and refurbishment of existing buildings, within a contractor or developer.
* Procurement of value engineered technical designs which respond to the risks, opportunities and constraints of the site and scheme.
* Proven commercial acumen and significant experience of successfully implementing new growth opportunities in line with ambitious targets.
* Strong planning, leadership, monitoring, reporting & motivating skills to maximise productivity and performance and to meet challenging deadlines, leading by example.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
Applications are being reviewed as soon as they are received.
When applying online please use Google Chrome
About Clarion Housing Group
In return for your commitment and hard work, we will offer a competitive package and the opportunity to join Clarion at this very exciting time.
Clarion Housing Group owns and manages 125,000 homes across 176 local authorities. It is the largest housing association in the UK and is also one of the country's leading housebuilders. It has a combined turnover of £827 million, a surplus before tax of £233 million and existing assets worth £20 billion.
Clarion Housing Group's sales and development ambitions will be delivered by Latimer. It will be responsible for building over 50,000 new homes over the next ten years, two thirds of which will be affordable. It will work with the public and private sector to maximise supply of desperately needed new homes.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.