Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager – Delivery and New Business
Location: London, SE1
Wandle proudly supports people across south London who need a home – it is why we were formed in 1967, and why we exist today.
The Merton Family Housing Trust (Wandle’s original name) was formed by a group of local people who were concerned about homelessness and felt that is was possible to do something practical about it.
50 years on, we have grown into an organisation with over 7,000 homes across nine south London boroughs and almost 200 staff.
This is a great opportunity to join us as the organisation evolves into a housing sector leader.
About the role
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager – Delivery & New Business to contribute to the ongoing success of our development programme. In pursuit of our growth objectives, we are looking for an individual to support the Development Manager (Delivery & Programme) in managing Wandle’s - development programme in line with GLA funding agreements. Key to success in the role will be good programme and analytical skills with the ability to maintain strong relationships with the delivery team, as well as internal stakeholders.
This is a demanding role in an organisation going through major change, therefore resilience and the ability to work under pressure is key.
For more information, please see the recruitment pack.
The ideal candidates will have:
- An understanding of residential development supported with experience of delivery and new business experience for either a residential developer, housing association or local authority
- Experience of delivering residential development contracts from £1m to £3m in contract value
- Experience of the residential design process and a basic level of technical experience necessary to ensure quality standards on schemes are maintained
- An understanding of the residential planning process
- Experience of a relevant project management tool like SDS Sequel
- Experience of completing feasibilities with a relevant appraisal tool like SDS ProVal, Pamwin, etc.
What we can offer you
In return for your dedication and commitment, we offer a competitive salary and reward package with a wide range of benefits that can be tailored to suit you, including 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, season ticket loans, retail discounts and weekly fruit deliveries. Our offices are also in an excellent, accessible location close to London Bridge and Borough Market overlooking the Thames.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply
To apply, please click through to our website (via the apply button) to upload a CV and complete our online application where you will need to describe how you meet the key criteria of the role as described above. Please note you must complete all of the application form to be considered for shortlisting.
The closing date for this role is 10am on 5 February 2018. First stage interviews and assessments 14 February 2018. Final stage interviews 16 February 2018.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Business development Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Development / regeneration Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)