Quality Officer - Health and Safety
Quality Officer – Health and Safety
£30,336 per annum (rising to £32,659 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
This is a new position that has been created within the Group’s Health and Safety department. The Quality Officer – Health and Safety will design, develop, implement and review the Health and Safety compliance across the Group’s various business areas sited throughout the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for a successful Quality Officer to make their mark within the Group by developing and implementing effective and robust standards and processes.
The role of Quality Officer – Health and Safety will include –
- Effectively collaborating with a wide range of contacts including managers, technical specialists and external suppliers
- Planning and conducting reviews to ensure accurate assessment of compliance
- Preparing reports following reviews detailing outcomes to support decision making, business planning and compliance
- Develop and implement reviews of health and safety training materials
- Managing systems that monitor compliance with enforcement notices
- Supporting the Health and Safety department in the development, documentation and implementation of policies and procedures aligned to occupational safety and health, environmental and quality management standards
Skills and experiences –
- Qualified to Level 3 certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, ideally holding a qualification in auditing
- Proven track record of working in a similar Health & Safety Quality position along with experience of conducting compliance reviews and audits
- An effective communicator who can work successfully within a collaborative group
- Proven ability to meet target and deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages including a high confidence using Microsoft Excel, developing process workflows and using monitoring tools.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 26 January 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More jobs like this
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Corporate Services jobs in Worcester
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Government and compliance jobs in Worcester
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Residential Development & Construction jobs in Worcester
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Health and safety jobs in Worcester