Senior Customer Service Advisor
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Senior Customer Service Advisor – Temporary position for up to 6 months
Hindle House, Banbury
£24,926 per annum (pro rata)
37.5 hours per week – Alternate shifts to be worked 08:00 – 16:00 and 09:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Customer Service Advisor, on a temporary basis, to join our Central Income Team based in Banbury. You will be part of a large team who are responsible for providing a telephone based income advisory service to our customers. This is a great opportunity to learn a new set of skills within a busy team environment.
The role of Senior Customer Service Advisor will include:
- Administrative duties to include; processing and authorising documents such as financial statements and housing benefit forms
- Assisting with general queries regarding rent accounts
- Making outbound calls to customers concerning arrears
- Producing statements, processing refunds, setting up payment arrangements and Direct Debits
- Responding positively to customer complaints
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of call handling within a contact centre environment, or similar
- Some working knowledge of housing management/debt collection and related issues
- Recent experience of identifying problems and resolving these effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Proven experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar
- Experience of using SAP would be advantageous
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 23 days paid holiday, rising to 28 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 28 January 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
More jobs like this
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Community and Customer Services jobs in Banbury
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Housing / neighbourhood management jobs in Banbury
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Supported / sheltered housing jobs in Banbury
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Corporate Services jobs in Banbury
- Fixed Term Contract £20,000 - £29,999 Officer Administration jobs in Banbury