Metropolitan is seeking a new HIA Manager to manage and lead the Home Improvement Agency to ensure compliance with contractual, regulatory and business requirements. Working throughout Waltham Forest you will be responsible for delivering excellent, personalised, value for money services to the HIA’s clients.
Through directly managing a team of six you will be pivotal to the continued improvement and development of the HIA’s services ensuring the service continues to innovate and reflect best practice from across the HIA sector.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership and strategic direction for the HIA, with responsibility for ensuring compliance with contractual, regulatory and business requirements, while delivering excellent, personalised, value for money services for the HIA’s clients.
- Being responsible for leading the improvement and development of the Occupational Therapy, surveying and case work services,
- Collaborating with both local and national agencies at senior level to identify and implement improvements as necessary to ensure that the HIA continues to innovate and reflect best practice from across the HIA sector, raising the profile of Metropolitan’s care and support services and the Metropolitan offer to clients
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that the HIA responds flexibly to legislative and policy changes and the needs of clients, initiating and leading service reviews to ensure the most efficient and cost effective operation of the service working with senior colleagues in third sector agencies (CEO level), and statutory health and social care services (Commissioners and Assistant Directors/Heads of Service).
- Managing service income and expenditure budgets (£0.6M), together with a capital budget of approx £2m, ensuring targets are met, developing and agreeing the HIA’s budget with Metropolitan’s Finance lead, identifying and evaluating contingencies and developing plans as necessary to ensure business efficiency
- Monitoring, managing and reporting on the performance of the HIA’s OT, surveying and case work teams, developing and agreeing appropriate KPIs for both internal management and external commissioners and stakeholders, and ensuring these are met, including ensuring that the HIA’s contractor’s register is properly managed and regularly reviewed and that all contractors meet the HIA’s requirements with regard to insurances and trade membership etc
- Ensuring that the needs of the HIA’s clients are met, all adaptations are in line with clinical assessments, that all risks are identified and appropriately assessed and that all work meets any necessary regulatory requirements such as planning and building control and that all CDM and Health and Safety regulations are followed, taking appropriate action to ensure compliance with quality standards, business targets, contractual and regulatory frameworks.
To be responsible for the HIA’s services, including OT and surveying services, with overall responsibility for the work of the Senior OT and Senior Adaptation Surveyor, signing off assessments, design briefs and specifications, and ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and other legislative and regulatory requirements, that the service reflects best practise with regard to relevant technical and professional and regulatory developments and that staff meet all relevant professional standards and maintain appropriate professional registrations.
As you will be managing the team you must have a passion for delivering excellence to our customers through a technical team. If you have experience in a similar role or can bring expertise to Metropolitan that will support in the continued improvement of the service provided to our customers we would be interested in receiving your CV.
To be considered your CV should be up to date and demonstrate the following skills: -
- Proven experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams including professional, clinical and technical staff,
- Demonstrable and extensive experience of successful management of significant revenue and capital budgets and ensuring compliance with company and local authority audit requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the legislative, regulatory and policy context within which HIAs operate.
- Significant proven experience of delivering services to meet contractual requirements, with a strong commitment to delivering high standards of client satisfaction and overall service excellence gained at a senior level in a housing, health or social care context of managing the delivery of services.
- Able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the needs of disabled people particularly with regard to adaptations and how Disabled Facilities Grants can be used to enable disabled people to live safely and well in their own homes.
For the full job profile or to discuss please contact Metropolitan Recruitment
In return for your commitment to Metropolitan we will also provide full training and personal development that is tailored to your personal ambitions through our own Metrocadamy. Also Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 36 days holiday including bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
Metropolitan is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Metropolitan is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Metropolitan are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation. Metropolitan will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
It should be noted that the successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (East)
- Care and support Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (East)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (East)
- Social Care Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (East)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (East)