Financial Inclusion Officer
Financial Inclusion Officer
Location: Hemel Hempstead
£31,086 - 35 hours per week
Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
Hightown currently manages almost 6,000 homes and employs over 900 staff. The housing association has an annual turnover of £71 million and a development programme that will deliver around 1,000 new affordable homes over the next two years.
About the Role
The Financial Inclusion Officer will be part of the Income Recovery Team, providing a highly professional, customer focussed service to tenants and applicants for Hightown`s rented housing.
The Post Holder will:
- Support tenants to maxmise their incomes; including carrying out benefits checks
- Work with tenants in arrears to make and adhere to repayment plans
- Provide practical support to tenants on a range of issues to help them establish and maintain a tenancy.
- Build positive working relationships with external agencies, such as the Department for Work and Pensions, Citizens Advice Bureau and debt support agencies.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Knowledge of welfare benefits, welfare reform and services to support with debt.
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Commitment to high standards of service to customers.
- Car owner and qualified driver with access to own vehicle.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Free on-site parking and gym
How to Apply
To apply please visit our websitewww.hightownha.org.uk/careersand complete our online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the job description.
Closing date: Thursday 1st February 2018
Interview date: Friday 9th February 2018
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Finance Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Technical services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead