Planned Works Liaison Officer
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Planned Works Liaison Officer
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
£28,076 per annum (rising to £29,553 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
The Church of England Pension Board (CEPB) Service Delivery team are responsible for major works, capital replacements and void refurbishments across a range of properties. The Planned Works Liaison Officer will be involved with all aspects of service delivery adhering to targeted processes and procedures to meet the need of the external client.
The role of Planned Works Liaison Officer will include:
- General administrative tasks to include; recording and inputting of data, financial reconciliation, obtaining authorisation and chasing for overdue information
- Verifying the scope and detail of proposed maintenance works and ensuring work orders are raised appropriately for contractors and stakeholders of the business
- Monitoring the progress of maintenance and refurbishment schedules including quoted works and viewing reports to ensure these are carried out to a high standard
- Managing the expectations of tenants concerning potential disruptions resulting form works and liaising with appropriate contractors concerning means of resolution
- Assisting with the training and retention of quality staff and being mindful of opportunities for continuous improvement to ensure we meet client needs and objectives
- Coordinating and liaising with relevant personnel concerning the preparation and execution of quoted and scheduled maintenance works, ensuring tasks are prioritised effectively
- Ensuring compliance with relevant Health and Safety Legislation, promoting this to contractors, consultants and tenants where appropriate
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience within a similar role e.g. property administrator or coordinator
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use and update electronic systems e.g. Outlook and Microsoft applications
- Recent experience of using bespoke housing packages and SAP would be desirable but is by no means essential
- Experience within the industry would be advantageous e.g. Maintenance or Social Housing
- Able to demonstrate strong organisational and planning skills
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health and wellbeing plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 20 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Administration Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City