Nat Compliance Administration Officer
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
National Compliance Administration Officer
£19,372 per annum (rising to £20,719 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
This job sits within Reinvestment and Compliance which is responsible for delivering high quality reinvestment programmes and managing the Group’s compliance responsibilities including gas servicing and fire risk assessments to ensure the Group’s properties comply with legislation. It is also responsible for procuring energy suppliers, monitoring consumption and improving energy efficiency, as well as being responsible for the Group’s Asset Performance Team who undertake the annual Decent Homes and Scottish Housing Quality Standard returns.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administration Officer to join our National Compliance team, who are responsible for ensuring the maintenance and compliance of all gas, water hygiene, fire safety, electrical including portable appliance testing, asbestos, lift servicing, hoists, catering / laundry and sluice services for the Group. The role will see you providing an efficient and comprehensive support and administrative service to the National Compliance team. The National Compliance team are responsible for over 50 different areas of compliance within the group across a very large portfolio of diverse properties. The team consists of over 25 members of staff all working towards the same collective goal.
The role of National Compliance Administration Officer will include
- Supporting the regional teams by ensuring accurate and timely information is collected, collated, prepared and presented, ensuring standards are met
- Delivering, improving, maintaining and monitoring efficient administrative systems
- Supporting the management and maintenance of relationships with stakeholders, residents and contractors ensuring any shortfalls in service delivery are resolved
- Dealing appropriately with any shortfalls in service delivery including investigating and responding to complaints
- Assisting with arranging meetings including attendance, information preparation, minute taking and follow up administration
Skills and experiences
- Recent experience within a similar administrative position is desirable
- Proven experience working to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Some experience of producing and analysing statistical information would be an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills allowing you to respond effectively and manage queries
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external customers
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel (or similar)
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Health and wellbeing plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 21 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.