Accounts Payable Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and competent Finance/Purchase Ledger professional to join our busy team as an Accounts Payable Officer, to help us process high volumes of purchase invoices for the Group parent and its subsidiaries.
The Accounts Payable Officer is highly varied involving purchase ledger and other responsibilities including batching invoices, pre-paid card requests, raising journals as well as processing invoices on an electronic invoicing system, ensuring that the VAT/CIS element of the invoice is correctly recorded. An experienced team player, you’ll need a high degree of accuracy and speed together with precise attention to detail and an enthusiasm to learn and develop existing skills.
Key tasks will include:
- Dealing promptly with all supplier invoices and payment queries, internally and externally
- Reconciliation of supplier payments and purchase ledger control accounts whilst raising payments to the Group’s suppliers
- Regular review and investigation of credit/debit balances on supplier accounts.
- Experience of working within purchase ledger ideally from either Housing, Maintenance or Construction sector
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Proven experience working with high volume invoice processing and purchase ledger
- Working towards an accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
We are looking for a highly organised and methodical Accounts Payable Officer who is fully conversant with all aspects of the purchase ledger function. One Housing uses the SUN accountancy system and experience is preferred, though not essential.
In return for your commitment, we offer excellent pay and conditions as well as significant development opportunities and the potential for career progression. Please click on the apply button with your CV.
One Housing helps people to ‘live better’ by providing high quality homes and care across London and the south east. We manage approximately 16,000 homes and have plans to build 3,500 more by 2020. We also care for over 11,000 people to help them live independently.
We build and sell new homes on the open market or rent them out commercially to raise money for more affordable homes and for services for our customers. In the last three years we have delivered more than 1,500 new affordable homes to help meet the housing shortage. We offer a wide range of housing options including homes for affordable rent, shared ownership, private rent and private sale.
We work hard to make a positive difference to our residents’ lives by promoting aspiration, independence and well-being through a range of training and support services.
Apply for Accounts Payable Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly