Service Manager (Housing and Early Years)
Head of Service – Housing & Early Years (Southampton)
- Full time, permanent
- 40 hours per week to be worked flexibly
- Up to £50k p/a
We are looking for an inspiring leader to oversee the excellent service delivery across our charitable Housing accommodation. This role directly impacts the provision of life-changing programmes to support vulnerable young people in our communities. In parallel, the successful post holder will drive continuous improvement across our specialist Early Years services to provide outstanding care provision. Across both service areas, the accountability and responsibility for financial and operational delivery is critical to ensure we build on our good foundations and prepare for the strategic growth ahead.
You will demonstrate proven interpersonal skills working in a multi-stakeholder setting and experience leading and managing complex strategic and operational services. A flexible and creative mindset and an ability to engage positively throughout all interactions - is a must.
What’s in it for you?
Joining our very successful and reputable team at a time of growth is an exciting opportunity for you to showcase your skills and innovation and enable change. Our inclusive culture is thriving and our values are at the very heart of who we are and how we work together - with and for our beneficiaries.
- Up to £50,000 p/a (dependent on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Additional holiday accrual with length of service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- YMCA Fairthorne Group
- Free membership
- Daycamp discount
- Child / dependent nursery 30% discount
- Birthday Parties
Essential qualities and competencies
- Strong leadership - able to inspire others, offer clarity and drive performance development
- Sound financial understanding and complex budget management experience
- Procurement, contract management experience and negotiation skills
- Educated to Degree standard (or equivalent)
- Chartered Institute of Housing Diploma
- Experience in housing / social services / residential care / special needs with young people
- An understanding of the political, social and economic issues facing young people
- Knowledge of statutory and charitable accommodation provision
- Application of best-practice Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety & Safeguarding
- Full UK Driving licence and clear enhanced DBS check
If this sounds like a great fit for you, find out more about us, this role and details of how to apply by clicking the 'Apply' button.
Interviews: On or after Monday 19th February 2018
More jobs like this
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Community and Customer Services jobs in Basingstoke
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Anti-social behaviour jobs in Basingstoke
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Care and support jobs in Basingstoke
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Digital inclusion jobs in Basingstoke
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Head of services Employment jobs in Basingstoke