Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Salary of up to £37,272 (including policy allowance) – Depending on experience
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
This job sits within Reinvestment and Compliance which is responsible for delivering high quality reinvestment programmes and managing the Group’s compliance responsibilities including gas servicing and fire risk assessments to ensure the Group’s properties comply with legislation.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Surveyor to join our Maintenance and Reinvestment Team where you will play a pivotal role in delivering quality investment and surveying services that respond to customer, organisational and financial needs to ensure regulatory compliance.
The role of Asset Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking fire risk assessments, stock condition surveys and other property inspections including those relating to disrepair and health and safety assessments
- Managing works related to the above assessments, surveys and inspections within the agreed financial limits, following policy and procedure
- Producing reports and documentation for work specifications and tenders to assist in addressing and resolving issues
- Developing and maintaining information and databases relating to the condition of assets and suggesting appropriate strategies to address building related issues
- Ensuring regulatory compliance taking into account relevant legislation in all aspects of the role
Skills and experiences:
- HNC in Building, Surveying or equivalent
- Proven experience in a building and surveying environment
- A proactive, well organised and innovative problem solver, you will consistently demonstrate a customer first approach and thrive on the challenge and opportunity this role will bring
- Working knowledge of legislation and current practices
- Due to the nature of this position frequent travel is required; therefore it is essential that candidates hold a full, UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile for this position, please click here
Closing Date: 22 February 2018
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time depending on application volumes; therefore an early submission of application is encouraged.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More jobs like this
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Corporate Services jobs in London (Central)
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Government and compliance jobs in London (Central)
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Homes and Asset Management jobs in London (Central)
- Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 Officer Asset management jobs in London (Central)