Group Health and Safety Manager
- Strategic leadership role
- Manchester based opportunity
About Our Client
Mosscare Housing Association and St Vincent's Housing Association successfully merged creating Mosscare St Vincent's (MSV) in June 2017.
MSV's aims is to remain true to its mission, vision and values to ensure it continues to provide excellent quality services for our customers and make a difference in the communities it serves and wider neighbourhoods. The merged organisation, MSV will be stronger and more resilient, with 8,200 homes and approximately 290 employees (including apprentices).
Due to the recent merger a new team has been established to drive this exciting and ambitious organisation forward and we have an opportunity for an experienced Group Health and Safety Manager to join the MSV team. The Group Health and Safety Manager reports to the Head of People and Culture and is responsible for developing and delivering an outstanding health and safety compliance throughout the Group.
The Group is looking for a dynamic experienced professional with proven strategic health and safety experience to drive and deliver an outstanding health and safety agenda. Working in partnership with colleagues within the Leadership & Operational teams, the Group Health and Safety Manager will ensure a strategic and high performing approach to Health and Safety.
You will be an experienced operational leader ideally with a background of overseeing H&S in a public sector organisation at a senior level. You will have experience of successfully developing health and safety policies and procedures. You will also be a visible leader who will set a clear direction for the function from day one and will drive quality and excellence service.
In addition to the above you will have responsibility to embrace the MSV's vision and values.
The Group Health and Safety Manager will report to the Head of People & Culture. The post holder will have the following responsibilites;
- To carry out audits, investigations, internal enforcement and training and provide advice and assistance in order to achieve best practice and fulfil the statutory obligations imposed upon the Group in relation to health and safety
- To prepare, publish and update as necessary the Group's corporate Health and Safety policies and procedures in conjunction with the Head of People and Culture, Head of Asset Management, Managing Director (Compliance & Property Services),
- To chair the Corporate Health and Safety Group ensuring H&S compliance across the Group as well as providing health and safety advice to the Group and any sub groups.
- To provide support to the Senior Management Team and other officers in respect of any investigation undertaken by the Health and Safety Executive in relation to activities of the Group.
- To prepare and submit reports to Corporate Health & Safety Group, senior management team and Board as appropriate, including an annual report on health & safety performance for the Group
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role of the Group Health and Safety Manager you will have the following skills and key competencies:
- Hold a professional qualification, NEBOSH & IOSH
- Substantial relevant experience overseeing H&S in a public sector organisation at a senior level.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of CDM regulations.
- Experience of managing audits.
- Experience of developing and delivering training.
- Knowledge and experience of managing a large in-house repairs team.
- Ability to be based in Manchester but travel across Greater Manchester.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered up to £46,000 and an attractive benefits package.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Neely, Michael Page Housing Practice on 0161-829-0397 or submit your CV as below for a further candidate pack if suitable.
Please click the Apply button on this page and complete the steps requested. Your application will be sent to Tom Neely at Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPIH13984756Z
Closing Date: 19/02/2018