Director - Housing Options
Director - Housing Options
About the role
As Director for Housing Options you will take full responsibility for the company’s Housing Options & Homelessness activities, delivering an efficient and effective service as well as developing new areas of activity to improve the services offered to residents and customers of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as we deliver our new Prevention and Engagement service under the Homelessness Reduction Act and deliver new models of accommodation across Cornwall to meet the needs of our customers.
The Director will play a key role in the leadership of Cornwall Housing through active participation in the Executive Leadership Team and reporting to our Board. You will help develop a vibrant and positive organisation by leading, empowering and inspiring teams and championing the company Vision and Values.
Cornwall Housing is part of the Corserv Group of Companies which brings together all of Cornwall Council’s Arm’s length companies. Cornwall Housing was created by Cornwall Council to manage, maintain and improve its housing stock and to provide other housing services such as the housing register, housing options, homelessness, private sector leasing and Gypsy and Traveller sites.
Following a Strategic Review by the Council during 2016/17 Cornwall Housing has been delivering a programme of Transformation and Change to align its service provision across the Duchy, delivering efficiencies in its management, improving its service to its customers and preparing for changes in national legislation.
Cornwall Housing is committed to Safeguarding and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
You will have:
- Experience working in a similar senior operational role and excellent knowledge of the relevant legislation and best practice.
- Experience building effective teams and leading professional staff across a range of disciplines.
- Hold professional qualifications and membership of a relevant professional body would be desirable.
- Experience of partnership working at a senior level with a proven track record of delivering Housing Options and Homelessness services.
- Familiar working within a transformational change environment where you evidence improved processes and outcomes.
- Proven background of successful and consistent achievement in a senior leadership role within an Housing Options area that has delivered key outcomes or success.
- Due to the nature of the role have access to transport and be flexible to travel where required.
This post has been identified as politically sensitive under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
You can find the role profile for this position below.
For more information on this role including how to apply, please click the red 'apply' button to be redirected.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Cornwall
- Anti-social behaviour Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Cornwall
- Homelessness Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Cornwall
- Housing / neighbourhood management Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Cornwall
- Supported / sheltered housing Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Cornwall