Care Coordinator (Elderly/Extra Care)
7 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Care Co-ordinator (Elderly/Extra Care)
Beaumont House, one of our new extra care services, has recently opened in Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex. With 60 apartments, it has its own restaurant, bar, lounge, guest suite and spa.
Overview and Background
One Housing is a leading developer and provider of specialist senior living accommodation, including retirement housing, extra care and sheltered housing. Their Older People’s accommodation provides aspirational and high quality facilities, services and buildings.
This post will drive our senior living brand, Season. Season offers excellent housing and care services which incorporate desirable facilities such as restaurant, dining, bars and spas, as well as providing a range of activities to promote health and wellbeing in comfortable and stylish settings. These products will be available for private ownership and at affordable rents.
The Care Co-ordinator will support the Senior Care Co-ordinator in leading the care aspect of service delivery in this exciting new service, driving high-quality care, hospitality and support in an exceptional environment. The post-holder will be involved for all aspects of care provision including; recruitment, development and deployment of the care team, and managing the referral process from marketing, assessments to customer moving and settling in. The Care Co-ordinator will ensure the care team deliver outstanding personalised care and support for residents; and ensure CQC, ARCO and relevant legislation and performance standards are exceeded.
The Care Co-ordinator will work with the Season operations team to deliver of a range of retirement products including Extra Care, Reablement and Dementia services.
Principle Outputs and Responsibilities
- Promotion and marketing of Season’s senior living products to partners including the private and shared ownership market.
- Effectively manage the administrative systems and procedures relating to the daily running of the service including; deploying staff, staff rosters, medication and financial administration etc.
- Ensure ARCO and CQC compliance.
- Directly line-manage the care staff, monitoring staff development through supervisions, appraisals and training to assist them in delivering a high quality service.
- Hold regular meetings with the care team to ensure all appropriate information is shared to promote good working practice and a team that is fully engaged in service delivery.
- Oversee the referral process including assessments, move-in and settle-in of older people into the scheme.
- Ensure care assessments, care and risk planning meets best practice and customers aspirations.
- Create, manage and monitor customer care plans ensuring staff rotas meet residents’ needs and aspirations.
- Deliver quality assurance; including performing regular audits and liaison with the Associate Head of CQC compliance
- Actively encourage the use of the communal facilities for activities involving older people in the local community in consultation with residents
- Provide the Senior Care Co-ordinator with informed and objective advice and recommendations regarding issues relating to the care offer, cost, quality and delivery.
- Promote Season and the scheme by organising open days, working with the local community to develop social integration and promoting the communal facilities within the scheme.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good level of IT skills and literacy.
- Knowledge and experience of CQC standards and CQC Compliance
- Experience and knowledge of effective staffing and budget management.
- Experience of staff management, development and retention in a care and support setting
- Experience of Extra Care referral processes from initial enquiry to move-in and settle-in
- Be highly organised and able to work to conflicting and challenging deadlines
- Ability to influence and lead staff
- Ability to set and deliver objectives
- Ability to make clear and reasoned decisions with comprehensive recommendations
- Excellent planning, communication and stakeholder management skills
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Previous knowledge or experience of working in a Registered Care Service would be beneficial, particularly if this was a new project/service being kicked off. Having a knowledge of Arco and the CQC would certainly also help. Furthermore due to the type of service offering, previous experience in a similar scheme/service set-up dealing with older people’s finance such as benefits, personal budgets and self-payment would make the transition into our Extra Care Scheme easier.
Ideal Backgrounds for this post will include: Care Home, Scheme, Supported Living, or Residential Management (or equivalents).
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply to this advert or get in touch by contacting us on 0800 093 9616
Apply for Care Coordinator (Elderly/Extra Care)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 Manager Community and Customer Services jobs in Walton-on-the-Naze
- Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 Manager Care and support jobs in Walton-on-the-Naze
- Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 Manager Social Care jobs in Walton-on-the-Naze
- Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 Manager Supported / sheltered housing jobs in Walton-on-the-Naze