Community-led Housing Officer
Fixed term Contract (12 months), Full-time (37 hours per week)
Flexi time Scheme
The Community-led Housing Officer will play a key role in working with communities, individuals and groups to inspire, mobilise and empower them to deliver a range of housing options to meet local housing needs. Specific duties include the following:
- To support the Principal Housing Strategy Officer in facilitating the delivery and set up of community-led housing to ensure that housing policy is delivered (including planning policy) and having due regard where appropriate to viability.
- Provide advice and support on a range of approaches to meet housing need and establish community groups such as Community Land Trusts who are able to have greater local accountability and control over the housing management of homes in their community.
- Help to build the capacity and skills of local community groups to become organisations capable of delivering community-led housing schemes.
- Provide advice on the availability of funding for community-led housing.
- To provide advice and assistance in the completion of community-led housing grants applications.
- Act as the key contact between the Council and Communities in establishing community-led housing.
- Directly support existing community land trust(s) in housing development opportunities.
- Work with individuals or groups of individuals who are interested in self-build.
- Work with developers and communities to identify new development opportunities.
We are looking for a suitably qualified individual (full membership of the Chartered Institute of Housing, including the Professional Diploma, or a degree in a related subject). A minimum of 2 years work experience in the housing or planning fields is required. Experience of community engagement is desirable and some evening work may be required.
For further information including the job description, person specification and details of how to apply, please click the Apply button to be transferred to the council's online recruitment process.
We are unable to accept CVs alone for job vacancies, however, they can be attached to the application form.
Candidates that are shortlisted for interview will be informed by email (the email address used to register with our recruitment site).
Closing date for applications: Monday 26 February 2018
Interviews will be held: Thursday 8 March 2018