Repairs and Maintenance Manager
The Lancaster and Morecambe district is going through an exciting period of economic development and regeneration with a number of key projects on the horizon. Lancaster City Council is proud to be at the forefront of this and is leading the way to the district becoming a great place to live, work and play.
As one of the few local authorities in the North West to directly own and manage council housing properties, we have ambitions to build further housing to add to our portfolio of over 3700 properties, and you would play a key part in managing this project.
Within the organisation, we are undergoing a number of change and improvement initiatives, and are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational individual to join our wider leadership group to lead our talented and locally respected Repairs and Maintenance team through these.
You will be expected to challenge the norm, improve process and efficiency by developing and implementing creative and innovative solutions driving the team to achieve high performance and productivity.
Being a strategic thinker, you will have proven experience of translating your ideas into practical delivery, and will also have successfully led transformation and change projects. You will be accountable for a variety of key tasks, such as:
- Asset and risk management;
- Ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction for our tenants;
- Delivery of an efficient and effective responsive and planned maintenance service;
- Procurement of property related contracts;
- Setting and managing of budgets;
- Motivating and developing self and others;
- Positive engagement with a variety of customers and clients.
The hours of work are 37 hours per week, working Monday to Friday and you will be based at White Lund Depot, Morecambe.
This role offers a number of benefits such as a Flexible Working Hours Scheme, Local Government Pension Scheme, 26 days’ annual leave (rising to 31 after five years’ service) plus bank holidays, Cycle to Work Scheme.
WE ONLY ACCEPT COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND A CV AS THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date: Friday, 27 April 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 7th May
For an informal discussion, please contact Mark Davies, Chief Officer – Environment, on 01524 58 2401.
For an application form and further details please click the red apply button to be redirected or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call in to the reception area at Lancaster / Morecambe Town Hall or telephone 01524 582176 (24 hour answering service).
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lancaster
- Tenant services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lancaster
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lancaster
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lancaster