Board Member, National Housing Federation
Time commitment is approx. 7 days per annum
Board meetings are generally held in central London but there will be some national travel
With the scale and complexity of the housing crisis rarely far from the headlines, and the political landscape around it shifting all the time, the National Housing Federation is an organisation performing a critical role as the voice of housing associations in England.
The Federation is one the most influential and high-profile trade bodies in the UK. Its diverse membership of over 900-housing associations provides two and a half million homes for more than five million people and reinvests its profit in projects that help create strong, vibrant communities.
Our vision is for a country where everyone can live in a good quality home they can afford, and we are looking for a board member who is committed to helping us achieve this. You will provide excellence in governance, be an ambassador and use your strategic skills to make us an even more effective organisation. You will be involved in influencing the Federation’s business to ensure that we successfully manage the challenges and significant change that the future is set to bring.
As one of our board members is coming to the end of her term, we are looking for a senior leader with housing sector experience (in either an executive or non-executive capacity), with previous experience as a board member or experience of working closely with boards. Other essential experience includes the following:
- Strategic leadership, vision and a collegiate approach
- Governance expertise and strong analytical skills
- A track record of effective stakeholder relationship management and ambassadorial activities
- A passion for and good understanding of the social housing sector
Our current Board is not sufficiently reflective of the diversity of our members and the communities our sector exists to serve. We are especially keen to take a step towards changing this and strongly encourage applications from BME candidates.
If you believe in our work, have experience of working with boards and understand the value of governance, we would like to hear from you.
For the recruitment pack or to apply, please click on the "apply" button at the end of the page and review the recruitment pack.
If, having read the recruitment pack, you would like an informal and confidential conversation please contact Steve Douglas, Co-Chief Executive at Altair - 07810 152840, email@example.com, or Sarah Palmer, Head of Executive Search and Interim Management - 07806 602933, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is: 9am, Monday 4th June 2018. Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th July 2018. The successful candidate will commence the role in September 2018.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Government and compliance Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Policy / Strategy Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in London (Central)