Assistant Support Worker - Pollardrow
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 5,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £70 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have full time (37.5) and part time (22.5 & 30 hours) Assistant Support Worker positions available at our service Pollard Row in Bracknell where you will provide residential care for individuals with learning disabilities. We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may involve providing assistance with personal care and promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning. As an Assistant Support Worker you will follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
Applicants with a valid UK driving licence are preferred.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Assistant Support Worker please visit http://www.hightownha.org.uk/careers/ and complete an online application form.
Please indicate on your application if you are interested in full time or part time positions
Please click below for a copy of the Assistant Support Worker job description.
Closing date: Thursday 31st May 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell