Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services. We are currently seeking a Handyperson to support the sheltered services we provide in Derbyshire and Nottingham.
Within the role you will be required to work flexibly and undertake maintenance and installation tasks across our sheltered services. You will have use of a company van during the day, but this remains in service over night. This is 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday.
As the handyperson you will be in a position to ensure the accommodation for vulnerable customers is maintained and ensuring they have a better standard of living.
Main accountabilities will include, but not limited to: -
- Security Checks & fitting of security equipment
- Fitting of grab rails & additional stair rails
- Undertaking minor works (including carpentry, plastering, plumbing, electrical and decorating tasks)
- Accurately record works completed on job sheet along with time allocated for works
- Undertake regular inventory checks on tools and stock items.
- Maintain accurate records of materials purchased through trade card and fully record and receipt money received from clients.
- Carrying out Home Fire Safety Checks & installation of smoke detectors
Experience is essential as you will be lone working and your CV should demonstrate
1) Skills based experience and training, normally obtained over a period including practical experience of jobbing and repair works following a full craft apprenticeship
2) Experience of working within a trade such as carpentry, plastering and decorating, labourer, electrics, plumbing or any other related trade
3) Excellent customer service and service delivery skills
4) A full UK driving licence (car not required)
5) A desire to want to work within repairs, maintenance or property management
To be considered please apply directly with an up to date CV. As this role will be working with vulnerable adults you are required to provide a complete and chronological employment history. Please ensure that your CV or a supporting document provides this detail.
In return for your commitment to Metropolitan we will also provide full training and personal development that is tailored to your personal ambitions. Also Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
Metropolitan is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Metropolitan is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Metropolitan are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation. Metropolitan will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
It should be noted that the successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.