New Business Manager
We’re now in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our vision is very simple. We want Guinness to be an organisation that delivers amazing customer service, is a brilliant place to work, and is strong, stable and financially resilient so that we can keep building new homes. And we want Guinness to have an offer for older people that is really special, that has impact and influence where we work, and most importantly one that our customers and employees feel proud to be part of.
As the business grows we are investing in some key appointments and have an opportunity for a New Business Manager to join our Development team based in London. The successful candidate will focus on the development and operational delivery of a wide range of new business opportunities within defined regions, supporting the Head of New Business in generating new business.
Overview of the team
You will be joining the Development Team when planned growth includes the delivery of 1000-1500 homes per annum and a 2023 target of 7500 homes across all tenures. The team is dynamic, fast moving, agile and unashamedly commercial in its approach to development.
• Identifying, gaining approval for and bringing forward to Planning Permission or land purchase contract exchange new business opportunities for the development of new homes.
• Lead on acquisitions including the preparation/presentation of bids, acting as the main contact for third parties on specific business development issues within portfolio.
• Manage multi-disciplinary teams of property professionals, externally and across Guinness and project teams.
• Manage capital projects with a value of tens of millions of pounds, taking day-to-day budgetary responsibility for the same.
• Work closely with Directors and peers across the business, to ensure a consistent and corporate approach to information sharing and stakeholder engagement.
• Represent Guinness at a senior level with customers, external agencies, partners, local authorities, other Registered Providers, land agents and consultants to forge excellent relationships and generate new business.
• Working with colleagues in the Delivery Teams, ensure the effective appointment and performance management of third party contractors, consultants, developers and other partners to develop scheme appraisals.
• Develop detailed scenario planning and financial modelling to appraise the potential of new opportunities, co- ordinate project business plans and manage projects from inception to an agreed and seamless handover point to other Guinness teams.
• Prepare excellent PRG and other ET and Board – level reports in a timely manner and present to PRG and other groups to secure support for new business activity.
• Evaluate and effectively manage risk and ensure all records are maintained to auditable standards.
• Effectively collaborate with all internal departments and external partners of Guinness to ensure Guinness maintains the provision of an amazing customer focused service.
• Provide input into the preparation of the Partnership’s Development Strategy, the Development Operating Plan, Revenue and Capital Budgets and ensure the achievement of agreed development programme targets, to include grant claims.
Knowledge and Experience-
• Excellent social housing market knowledge and proven track record of acquiring land, property and new business opportunities.
• Current and practical knowledge of housing development / procurement, including relevant legislation and regulation.
• Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
• Knowledge and experience of budget and project management.
• Proven experience of project management and performance managing third parties.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a complex and dynamic environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
• A sound understanding of funding models with the ability to provide credible feasibility analysis to leadership team.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, project management software with the ability maximise the use of
• New technologies and flexible ways of working.
• Able to demonstrate Guinness behavioural competencies.
• Able to demonstrate Guinness Leadership and Management Standards.
• Understanding of the national regeneration and development agenda.
• Experience and understanding of social housing legislation and regulation including health and safety, risk
management, and environmental and sustainability
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Private Health Insurance
• Employee assistance programme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
• Eye test vouchers
• Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
• Professional qualification support
• Professional subscriptions
• Purchase additional leave
• Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
• E-learning courses
For more information, including how to apply, please click the red 'apply' button to be redirected.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Business development Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Development / regeneration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)