£4,500 per annum
Wellingborough Homes currently manages just under 5,000 homes in and around Northamptonshire. We recently celebrated our 10th birthday and as we look to tomorrow there is much to be positive about. We have confirmed future development opportunities for almost 350 new homes and have decided to deliver 1,000 more over the next 10 years. We have retained the highest possible status with our regulator, The Regulator of Social Housing, which confirms our strong governance and financial stability; and we have been recognised as one of the country’s Top 50 Landlords. We want to build on these successes and continue to deliver value for money services and high-quality living environments to our customers of today and tomorrow. While at the same time explore opportunities for further growth and improvement including on our existing estates.
We are looking to recruit up to four Board Members, and each will play a key role in shaping and communicating our strategic direction for the coming years. For the right candidates these roles offer an opportunity to apply highly developed leadership and influencing skills to:
- Develop a diverse range of new homes to meet local needs
- Work with our customers to provide great homes and value for money services
- Invest in our communities where it supports our customers and protects our business
These roles will suit a range of individuals from varied backgrounds who have the personal and professional impact to be a strong ambassador for our organisation, who will celebrate our achievements, spot ways to improve what we already do, and identify and evaluate new opportunities. In particular we are looking for skills in the following areas.
- Finance and treasury
- Community knowledge and understanding
- Governance / audit / risk
- Business effectiveness and transformation
It’s important that you are passionate about what we do, and how we do it - and that you can endorse and exemplify our values. Driven by a commitment to ongoing improvement you’ll interact closely with our Chair, Chief Executive and Executive Management Team, and work with the other members of the Board to support strong governance, ensure clear accountability and maintain momentum.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 2 July 2018
For more information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Alternatively, for an informal conversation contact Zoe Wortley on 01926 887272.
We are an equal opportunities and disability confident employer and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community to reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. We would, in particular, welcome applications from protected characteristic groups. All appointments will be made on merit.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Northamptonshire
- Finance Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Northamptonshire
- Government and compliance Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Northamptonshire
- HR / Organisational development Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Northamptonshire
- Residential Development & Construction Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Northamptonshire