Statutory Compliance Manager
Fairhome Group is a dynamic and expanding business that specialises in the making of quality accommodation available to the Supported Housing Sector. We build and adapt properties so that they are suitable for people living in the community with care and support.
We work with the care sector to deliver solutions for people with physical or learning disabilities and those with mental health needs.
Fairhome also offers added value through a range of additional services that support Housing Associations to manage their business and maintain their properties, offering a seamless one stop shop for the sector.
Fairhome Assurance & Support is a part of this extended offer and works with Housing Associations from the Board level down enabling them to meet their statuary obligations through timely expertise, advice, and assistance.
There is a real family feel at Fairhome, employees are valued and looked after, so along with regular benefits you will have access to superb facilities onsite including a fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities. You’ll be working from modern offices with a welcoming working environment, and if that’s not enough, complimentary cake and refreshments are always available.
Description of the role
As the Statutory Compliance Manager, you will be expected to provide a high quality Statutory Compliance Service to the Boards and Senior Officers of Registered Social Landlords, Housing Associations, specialising in the provision of accommodation for people with care and support needs.
You will bring the necessary knowledge, skills, flexibility, insight and initiative to ensure that our customers are prepared in every way to fulfil their statutory obligations which will underpin excellence in their overall business delivery.
Key attributes required for the role
The principle areas engagement will cover:
• Governance arrangements
• Financial Management
• Risk Management
• Operational performance and oversight
The Statutory Compliance Manager will deliver a comprehensive service to their allocated Housing Associations. The service will be bespoke to the customers’ requirements. The objective will be to enable the customer to build strength and depth in to their Statutory Compliance that is reflected throughout their business.
You will support the Board to develop the necessary governance, financial and management framework that will be good for the business and be compliant with the Regulator of Social Housing’s requirements. This may include attendance at Board meetings as advisor, assistance on preparation of essential material such as Risk Management Strategy and Stress Testing of the Associations business and financial planning.
As well as setting the direction with the HAs Board on compliance issues, you will regularly scrutinise the implementation of the Boards’ decisions and intentions across the service delivery to ensure that the HAs are meeting their statutory obligations and can demonstrate the links between Governance, Management and Delivery.
FAS will ensure that HAs have access to the latest information on changes and requirements within the sector, to ensure that forward planning and development aspirations are considered in a timely manner. You will be a focus of support and expertise available to the Board and officers of HAs.
It is expected that the Statutory Compliance Manager will be able and willing:
- To provide a consistently outstanding service that demonstrates Fairhome Groups corporate values and makes a real difference to our customers business.
- To ensure that services we deliver is customer focussed and responsive to their requirements; working closely with colleagues to deliver customer engagement and ownership. This may include the need to attend meetings outside usual working hours.
- To represent Fairhome Group, our customers and the wider housing sector in a professional and competent manner; engaging with professionals across the range of FAS’s activities in support of our customers.
- To take ownership and responsibility for any service related complaints / queries from customers ensuring that the customer experience is positive, professional and within appropriate timescales.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with Fairhome Groups policies, including:
- Equal opportunity policy
- Health and safety policy
- Data Protection and confidentiality
- Policy on confidential reporting (whistleblowing)
- To attend training arranged by Fairhome Group that is relevant to the post
- To carry out any other duties consistent with the post that may be required from time to time, at the discretion of the line manager.
What I will get in return?
You will be part of a fast-paced, ambitious business that has exciting growth plans. We will also offer you excellent career development opportunities.
Salary: Circa £45,000.00 including car allowance
Attractive benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
Location: Working from state-of-the-art offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester. Although occasional site visits may be required across England.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full time, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times (to be agreed at interview).
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering note to Hothan.Isman@fairhomegroup.co.uk or upload below.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Salford
- Care and support Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Salford
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Salford
- Finance Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Salford
- Government and compliance Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Salford