Support Worker - Grove Gardens Flats
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 5,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £70 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have a full time opportunity for a Support Worker at Grove Gardens Flatswhich is a supported living service comprising of 8 studio flats. People living in this service attend a range of day services and community opportunities for 3 to 5 days a week dependent on need.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may involve promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning. As a Support Worker you write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
As a Support Worker you will be working as a part of a dedicated team, providing personalised support and assisting the residents to develop the skills needed to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
If you have previously worked in a care setting and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people, this role could be perfect for you. With relevant experience, you will have the ability to recognise the wishes of our service users and communicate with them effectively. Demonstrating respect for confidentiality and a caring attitude, you will also use your own initiative, carrying out practical and administrative tasks as and when required.
To apply you will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system. This will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work with a `can do` attitude. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of aSupport Worker please click `apply` below.
Please refer to the job description for aSupport Worker below
Closing date: Sunday 24th June 2018
Interview dates: To be confirmed
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe