Strategic Housing Manager (Shared)
3 days left
- Organisation Type
- Local authority
Strategic Housing Manager (Shared)
£49,881 - £58,745 per annum
Permanent - 37 hours per week
At Breckland and South Holland Councils we recognise the value of our staff who add value to our organisation and to the services we deliver. We have always been forward-thinking, entrepreneurial and innovative. We strive for excellence and deliver great value for money for our residents while making the most of the huge opportunities for economic growth in our districts.
We are always looking out for talented people with the skills to help deliver our services and continue to help make our Councils successful. Our employees enjoy excellent conditions of service including a final salary pension scheme and flexible working for a large percentage of our staff, as well as the possibility of 'job sharing'.
We are seeking a Strategic Housing Manager who will play a leading role in driving housing growth across the two districts, both through working with key partners to accelerate the wider delivery of new housing, and also through leading on a programme of direct investment and development for both councils.
You trust your own judgment and are quite happy to take ownership of, and responsibility for, your own decisions and accountabilities. You pay attention to the wider factors and the bigger picture that will inform the decisions you make to achieve your objectives, always working toward a longer-term goal. You are self-motivated and push yourself hard to achieve what you want out of life. Although you like to work within fixed guidelines you enjoy working out how things can be improved or done better. You are guided by your strong ethical code, always acting and making decisions in accordance with what you believe is right.
You are able to quickly establish rapport with people, building and maintaining relationships. People like dealing with you because you make things easy for them to understand and you focus on and listen to what they say. You are highly persuasive and are able to bring others round to your way of thinking and to win agreement for what you want to achieve.
You create the conditions for people in your team to learn and develop for themselves. You provide fair and accurate feedback to them so that they can develop. You are flexible in your approach to work and enable them to be the same.
About the role:
- Act as both council’s strategic lead on matters relating to housing, providing authoritative guidance to the council’s management team and elected members in line with changing legislation and governance of public services, and to advise and prepare both councils for future changes
- Take the lead role in direct delivery if new affordable and market housing, delivering a £25m programme of direct investment in new affordable and market housing
- Play a key role in supporting the Executive Manager for Growth in shaping and driving forward the delivery on a number of major strategic housing sites, supported by £22m in government funding to deliver infrastructure
- Take the lead on the delivery of the business plan and growth strategy for Welland Homes Ltd; South Holland’s wholly-owned housing company
- Provide the leadership and vision necessary to coordinate the activities of both council’s ‘housing strategy and enabling’ teams, with a view to drive forward both organisations’ key priorities through the effective management of resources, including contract management, and by ensuring that opportunities for improving the service are maximised.
- Develop and maintain excellent and productive relationships with key local, regional and national partners with a role to play in supporting housing growth, including those partners who can provide funding and influence to deliver the council’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure that both Councils have a strong focus on the needs of our customers and local businesses.
- Take the lead on the development and implementation of key strategic housing-related projects.
- Provide strategic leadership to develop and implement opportunities for innovative and new ways of working, including shared service arrangement and/or income generating initiatives.
- Monitoring and managing service budgets, including capital budgets for housing development
- Manage the performance of the relevant staff and coaching them to high achievement through both performance objectives and the competency framework.
For further information or to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: 27th June 2018.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Norfolk
- Policy / Strategy Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Norfolk
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Norfolk
- Business development Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Norfolk
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Norfolk