Housing Management Administrator
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £70 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
We currently have a vacancy for a part time (14 hours) Housing Management Administrator, working Thursday and Fridays.
The role will involve:
- Providing administrative support to Housing Officers dealing with housing management issues including car parking permits, assisting in the lettings process, sending out newsletters and standard correspondence including warning letters and general estate letters and notifications of meetings.
- Liaising with appropriate agencies / internal departments to deal with issues such as lettings, abandoned vehicles, bulk rubbish removal, recycling bins etc as required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and statistics as required.
- Processing of all applications for garages and car parking spaces, and carry out the related administrative tasks.
- Ensuring detailed information is obtained from tenants, updating records and keeping accurate records of customer contacts, including complaints.
- To ensure that the presentation of the service provided to tenants and others is professional, positive, friendly and helpful at all times, and in line with the Association`s Customer Charter.
- To provide mutual support for the Customer Services Team, including cover for reception, as required
- Occasional accompanied visits with Housing Officer
- General administration.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Ideally, experience of working within a housing association
- Excellent planning, organising & time management skills essential
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrable experience in dealing with queries and complaints whilst maintaining an excellent telephone manner
Pay and rewards
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Employee Assistance scheme to support your health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support
- Free access to on site gym
Closing date: Monday 25th June 2018
Interviews: Monday 2nd July 2018
To apply please visit our website http://careers.hightownha.org.uk and complete our online application form.
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.