Following the successful merger between Family Mosaic and Peabody, the new organisation is a significantly larger, more diverse organisation, employing over 3,000 people and servicing over 55,000 properties. In order to meet our obligations as a ‘reliably good’ landlord, we are looking for an enthusiastic, forward thinking and experienced Building Surveyor to help deliver the purpose of the wider Surveying Team. With the support of a team of Surveyors and Support Staff, you will ensure the operational delivery of Specialist Works, Professional Services, Voids and other programmes / projects etc.
This is a fast paced, customer facing role, dealing with complex and sensitive cases, so would suit a strong technical candidate with a focus. on customer service.
• Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
• Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
• Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
• To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation.
• Extensive experience of building surveying and specific experience of building maintenance, preferably within a social housing context.
• Experience in managing an extensive, complex and varying caseload, with projects from inception to completion.
• Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
• In depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money
• Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
• Ability to achieve results and deliver challenging objectives.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent all round IT skills.
• Strong approach to teamwork and the ability to collaborate and step-up when to help the organisation achieve its mission.
• Experience preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally as well as ability to write, disseminate and assess detailed technical reports.
• Degree in Building Surveying or similar technical qualification (HND HNC) or minimum ten years’ experience in a similar role and preferably working toward a technical qualification.