Customer Services Advisor
To deal with all customer enquiries, ordering customers repair requests and follow ups, assisting customers with common housing register enquiries, taking rent payments and dealing with all enquiries from tenants.
Provide information to customers on all North Wales Housing’s services in an efficient, effective and courteous manner through various channels.
To provide a reception service at the Head Office and at times from other Customer Offices used by North Wales Housing.
Statement of the main areas of responsibility
- The post holder will work as part of the Customer Services Team. This includes providing support and guidance to customers contacting North Wales Housing via the telephone, e-mail, letter, on-line and through face to face visitors at various locations used by North Wales Housing.
- Assist customers with signposting to other service providers and booking service appointments for customers with North Wales Housing staff. Ensuring that customers receive accurate and timely advice and assistance.
- Assist customers in the completion of information required by North Wales Housing to ensure that customers’ enquiries are dealt with in the agreed manner following our values and policies.
- Assist customers with advice on the common housing registers, which give access to the homes owned by North Wales Housing and fully explain the process of lettings.
- Taking payments via the phone using the Call Pay system and assisting customers to make payment using the All Pay system or at our office locations, this includes rent payments, rent arrears, leases, repair recharges and other related debts. Raise requisitions and complete all departmental purchase orders, ensuring all necessary authorisations are in place and documented.
- Deal with first point of contact customer enquiries regarding their rent account accessing tenants’ computer records to verify account balance.
- Assist the payment plans for the clearing of rent arrears and repairs recharges appropriately by making appointments with the Rents Team staff.
- Enter accurate details of the contact on systems, updating the details of action taken on the relevant systems as required to ensure that the enquiry can be dealt with effectively.
- Enter accurate property and other relevant data into the organisation’s IT system including completed work and tenant satisfaction survey results.
- Operate professionally both as an individual and as a team member for the benefit of the customer at all times, regularly contributing ideas, suggestions and feedback to managers thus providing a valuable contribution to the effectiveness and continued success of the service both locally and overall
- To deliver a service in line with any contracts or service level agreements and established procedures, maintaining an up to date working knowledge of the products/services/initiatives delivered by the Customer Service Team.
- To maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, other departments and outside organisations in order to ensure effective service provision and excellent customer service is provided.
- Provide support to other sections of North Wales Housing where required.
Repairs and Maintenance Service
- Deal with customer requests for repairs following North Wales Housing’s policies. Raise repairs and any follow-on works from the Out of Hours service, making and changing appointments where necessary. Sending out confirmation letters/texts/emails of any new repairs or changing of appointments.
- Allocate works orders effectively to designated personnel via appropriate systems including IT and electronic communication media, update databases, spreadsheets and other computer systems as required.
- Liaise with in-house and external contractors via phone, email etc. to organise and book jobs and update job status.
- Ensure Trade Operative work schedules are organised to maximise productivity and reduce non-productive activity using the organisations scheduling system.
- Assist in the production of monthly figures for the Homes Team by processing invoices, analysing outstanding and completed jobs and accurate inputting of data relating to work.
- Responsible for the scheduling and administration of the gas servicing contract in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures, ensuring that KPI`s are met and documentation is stored appropriately.
- To take responsibility for own personal development and update knowledge and skills, with support from North Wales Housing, to perform the role at an effective level. To undertake such training as is deemed necessary to improve personal performance and knowledge.
- To implement positively and ensure compliance with the Association’s policies, procedures, codes of practice and initiatives relating to Equality and Diversity, Customer Care, Health and Safety, Code of Conduct, Data Protection and confidentiality of information, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders.
- To provide the highest quality services incorporating best standards and practice and work to continually improve standards, promoting North Wales Housing to its tenants, clients and those seeking assistance from the Association.
- To respond to complaints positively and professionally and refer them to the appropriate person for acknowledgement and resolution.
- To perform duties not specifically identified in the job description, but which are in line with the general responsibilities of the post.
Tools needed to do the job
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills appropriate to this post which will include effective verbal and written skills, sensitivity and some degree of assertiveness.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of numeracy.
- The ability to work under pressure, achieve targets and be able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate competent IT literacy including use of Microsoft, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to be flexible and prioritise workloads
- Commitment to work as part of a team.
- Respect and understand the requirement to maintain strict confidentiality.
- A willingness to undertake any relevant training.
- Is comfortable with everyday conversations/discussions specifically in relation to your job. Be confident to converse in Welsh when required. (This requirement is set at Level 3 on self - assessment form)
- Practical knowledge of working within a housing orientated organisation.
Personal attributes/behaviours which the role holder must possess to be successful in the role.
- You will want to provide the best service to your customers that you can, whilst being sensitive and consistent in your approach.
Achieving Quality Results
- You will be able to demonstrate that you do your work well and achieve the goals that you set for yourself and that are set by others. You will be committed to providing quality work and will have a desire to improve what you do.
- You will contribute to the best of your ability as part of any team. You will show commitment and respect at all times. You will consider the needs and expectations of others and will communicate as clearly and effectively as possible.