Housing and Community Spaces Facilitator
Making sure everyone feels at home in Gloucestershire is at the heart of what we do at Barnwood Trust. Something wonderful happens when people gain a sense of being valued as part of a community. We work alongside disabled people and people with mental health problems to make the county a more inclusive and enjoyable place to live.
We give small grants to encourage community initiatives or help people with day-to-day living; share knowledge and ideas; and work with individuals and communities to build belonging. We have long-established relationships with organisations across the county; through sharing ideas and experience and through demonstration projects and programmes, we support them to think differently about disability, community, and housing.
The Housing and Community Spaces Facilitator role is part of a small team that supports the Head of Social Sustainability and Programme Director to influence housing and community spaces across the county, particularly in relation to inclusion and wellbeing. This is a varied role which encompasses;
- Working with colleagues and partners to develop and manage a neighbourhood housing scheme
- Promoting and advising on social sustainability
- Administering a funding programme for community spaces
Experience and skills required
- You must be educated to degree level or equivalent with a strong interest in in the connections between housing, community, the design of physical space, and wellbeing
- Experience and qualifications in housing, planning, social policy or related disciplines would be an advantage
- You will have the capacity to cover a wide-ranging brief, requiring both ‘technical skills’ and ‘people skills’ and have a strong commitment to welcome and inclusion
- You must be able to explore complex information and apply it in new settings
- You will be confident in liaising with a variety of people and organisations, providing advice, support and challenge
- You must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work within a team and organisation that’s committed to equality and diversity
- Highly competitive pension contribution rates
- Strong commitment to employee wellbeing
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Permanent contract. Full time role 37.5hrs per week
- Usual working hours to be worked Monday to Friday
- Salary £35,980
- The use of a car is essential for this position, and travel expenses are payable. The Trust will consider options to work with all applicants who are successfully appointed to accommodate those who are unable to drive due to a disability
- Although based in our offices in Barnwood and Ullenwood for a few months, this role will move to Central Cheltenham in February 2019.
Closing date, interviews and start date
Deadline for applications is noon Friday 13th July 2018. First interviews will take place week commencing 23rd July and second interviews will be held week commencing 30th July 2018.
For an application pack or further information please look on the Barnwood Trust website. If you click apply this will take you through to our career page where you will be able to download the forms and application pack. Please ensure you complete and submit all of the forms to the recruitment team, the email address in the application pack. Should you have any questions or require a hard copy please email the recruitment team directly as well.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Cheltenham
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Cheltenham
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Cheltenham
- Sustainability Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Cheltenham