Finance Director-Development & Regeneration
We're one of the oldest and largest housing associations in London. Following our merger with Family Mosaic in July 2017, the Peabody Group now owns and manages more than 55,000 homes across London and the South East, housing over 111,000 residents. We also have 8,000 care and support customers.
Peabody draws on over 150 years of history and expertise. Our new, bigger organisation has been inspired by the response to the 'Cathy Come Home' era of poor quality housing and poverty in Post-War Britain as well as George Peabody's vision of providing safe and affordable housing for the working poor of Victorian London.
Peabody is leading the way in tackling London's housing crisis, with an active development programme and a pipeline of c.8,000 new homes. Peabody is also playing its part in regeneration, working with communities, local authorities and private sector partners, particularly in relation to its stewardship of Thamesmead in south-east London.
Maximising the financial capacity of the Group will be crucial in future years as we seek to build many more homes and deliver the regeneration of Thamesmead, supported by effective risk management and control systems. The role of Finance Director for Development and Regeneration is fundamental to this.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, key responsibilities include:
- To provide strategic financial leadership and guidance to the Development and Regeneration businesses through effective finance business partnering with those leadership teams.
- Have direct responsibility for all aspects of financial planning and analysis provided to the Development and Regeneration businesses reporting to relevant committees and boards.
- Lead on the Investment Strategy for the Group, ensuring capital-at-risk thresholds are appropriately set and monitored.
- Lead investment appraisal in partnership with the development and regeneration teams.
Ensure the Group is appropriately structured and funded for planned development and large scale regeneration and sit on JV boards as appropriate.
- Influence and drive performance, based on key financial and operational metrics. This includes programme level performance metrics.
- Lead taxation matters across the Group, ensuring a well-set strategy, compliance and efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for an outstanding leader who will bring finance expertise and commercial acumen, as well as an unerring focus on helping people make the most of their lives.
- Qualified CCAB Accountant with significant post qualification experience gained across different sectors, ideally relevant sector experience in housing, development, regeneration and/or care and support.
- Recent and relevant financial and/or accounting experience, including ideally knowledge of financial markets, bond and bank financing, other treasury or securitisation experience and/or experience of working with internal and external auditors.
- Evidence of high quality abilities in analysis, synthesis and evaluation to inform strategic direction.
- Successful experience of strategy development and business planning.
- Ability to be challenging, pragmatic, robust and resilient.
- Demonstrate being an inspirational leader, with excellent communication skills, that generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Group Board level and externally.
- Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with Executives, formal governance committees as appropriate, partners and stakeholders.
If you are a strategic leader, with demonstrable experience and clear alignment with the mission and values of Peabody Group, we look forward to hearing from you.
What's on Offer
c£140,000 plus benefits